- Becky Washington, MPA
- Student Employment and Cooperative Education Coordinator
- MPA, Portland State University
- BA in Psychology, Portland State University
- AS in Psychology, Portland Community College
- Related Experience - Eleven years with PCC in Workforce Development, instruction and program coordination; Two years as a Certified Professional Resume Writer Professional Development - Career Coaching with Dick Bolles, Warren Farrel and Marty Nemko, Strengths Finder Training at the AAWCC Summer Institute; CSSA Summer Institute; eCampusRecruiter Annual Conference
- Professional Associations - NACE, CEIA, WECO, NCDA, NCEEA, CSSA, AAWCC, Cascade SIGGRAPH, PARW, Say Hey NW Committees-Oregon Cooperative Work Experience Directors Group
- DeAnne Hardy
- Assistant Coordinator, Student Employment and Cooperative Education
- BA in Interdisciplinary Studies: Sociology, Humanities & Communications, Marylhurst University
- Related Experience - 10 years in workforce development
- Professional Development Certificates from Summer Institute for Intercultural Communications in the following: Facilitating Intercultural Discussion, Making Organizations Intercultural, Training for Intercultural Translation, Communication Patterns of Mexican-Americans and Mexican immigrants; Advisor to PCC Latino Leadership Club
- Professional Associations - NACE, CEIA, WECO, AAWCC
- Committees - CAS/OS Advisory Committee; Planning group for Oregon Leadership Institute at Cascade Campus
- Tanya Maldonado, M.A.
- Student Employment Specialist
Ms. Maldonado has worked with PCC students and job seekers since 2000. She is currently an Employment Specialist at the Cascade Campus. She has a Master’s degree in Career Counseling and enjoys helping students and alumni find meaningful work. In the past she has directed the career center at the University of Portland and worked for the State of Oregon’s Vocational Rehabilitation. She has lived and worked on a tropical island for 2 years as a high school instructor.
- Shirley Taylor
- Office Manager
Shirley Taylor has been with the Cascade Campus Career Center since 2001 and also worked in Career Services at the University of Portland. She has a strong desire to support students in finding work and career issues. She appreciates working in a multi-cultured environment that the Cascade campus offers.
Rock Creek Staff
- Valorie Adler
Valorie Adler has been the Career Center Coordinator for the Rock Creek Campus for over seven years. She earned her Master of Adult Education, with an emphasis in Student Personnel Service, from Portland State University. She also has a Career Development Facilitator Certification. Valorie enjoys working with PCC’s diverse student population. Her passion for Career Services comes from her own life experiences in building a fulfilling career, and enjoys assisting students in their career journey.
Valorie assists students with online career self-assessments, career research, college transfer and scholarships. She advises students, teaches workshops & courses, and also oversees the Career Center Library, coordinates events and creates marketing materials.
- Rachel McMillen
Rachel began as the Career Resource Center Coordinator at PCC in 2002. She completed her B.A. in English from University California, Santa Barbara and her M.S. in Counseling with an emphasis in Career Counseling from California State University, Northridge. After the birth of her daughter in 2004 she began a job-share and currently is Coordinator of the Center. Rachel particularly enjoys helping undecided students discover how their interests relate to a variety of career options and assisting them to plan steps to reach their goals. Rachel also teaches Career & Life Planning courses each term.