Overview and Benefits
Put your education to work!
Benefits for Students
- Explore jobs & careers related to your college major
- Earn academic credit to transfer or apply to degree/certificates
- Get your foot in the door in this competitive job market
- Apply your classroom learning in real-world settings
- Gain confidence & practice on-the-job knowledge & technical skills
- Build your resume with current relevant work experience
- Expand your professional network in your career field
- Enhance your scholarship & university applications
Benefits for Employers
- Gain enthusiastic and motivated workers for part-time or short term needs
- An opportunity to pre-screen potential employees
- Access to students with special skills and knowledge
- An avenue for direct input into college education and training
Benefits for Faculty & Staff
- Credit for discipline-related work experiences
- Strengthen relationship between theory & practice
- Keep curriculum relevant to real-world changing needs
- Enable students to bring outside learning to classes
- Increase student motivation for academic work
- Provide additional avenue to assess learning
- Build relationships with local community employers
- Source of FTE for department & college
Cooperative Education Offices
Sylvania Jobs and Internships Office is moving to new offices!
- Closed December 2 and 3.
- Re-opening December 4 in CC 213.
- SSB 104
- Bldg. 2, Rm. 102
- CC 221