Back row: Raghad, Logan, Akylai, Natali, Emily; Front row: Rosa, Allia, Shawn, Phuong
The team of Peer Advisors at the Sylvania campus is a dynamic, diverse group of current PCC student leaders who work in the Career Exploration Center and Orientation Center. Peer Advisors go through extensive training in order to:
- Connect with other students and help them navigate the college system including the PCC Orientation process.
- Administer career assessments and help students to explore majors and career options.
- Teach students to use MyPCC, register, access college resources, and plan a class schedule.
- Help students to research college programs, occupational information and transfer info.
- Lead campus tours for new and prospective students.
- Guide students through completing the FAFSA and follow-up steps.
- Participate in outreach events including Welcome Tables and Preview Day.
From the back row, left to right: Haydee, Cortney, Sam, Axkana, Rachel, Pornpan, Terri.
The Career Peer Advisor Program at Rock Creek Campus is an opportunity to develop your leadership skills by helping other students explore career and academic paths at the Career Exploration Center. A strong component of the program involves sponsoring events and promoting the Center's services across campus so that all students have equal access to career exploration.
Are you interested in gaining professional experience and skills while helping make your campus a better place? Our peer advisors go through extensive training in career advising, social justice and student leadership. They are able to assist students and community members with the following:
- Exploring and researching majors, career options and career information
- Helping students locate job opportunities and apply for them
- Researching scholarships and filling out FAFSAs (Financial Aid forms)
- Orienting people to the resources available in the Career Exploration Center and on campus
- Accessing MyPCC, registering, finding classrooms, scheduling classes recommended by counselors and advisors, understanding PCC policies and transferring information
Applications for 2017/2018 Academic Year
The Rock Creek, Southeast, and Sylvania Campus Career Exploration Centers will be seeking students for paid Peer Advisor positions for the 2017/2018 academic year. Updated applications will be available Spring Term 2017. Last year's applications are available below for your reference only.
- Sylvania Peer Advisor Application
- also available in the Sylvania Career Exploration Center, CC 214 and the Sylvania Orientation Center, CC 206
- Rock Creek Peer Advisor Application
- also available in the Rock Creek Career Exploration Center, Bldg 9/119
- Southeast Peer Advisor Application
- also available in the Southeast Career Exploration Center, Mt. Tabor Hall, Room 147