PCC Bookstores are committed to sustainability. We strive to go above and beyond requirements, and look outside the box for any green initiative we can take part in.
Below is a sample of some efforts we are doing (and have done).
- Plastic Bag Waste Reduction Program
- We currently sell reusable canvas and Chico bags.
- The PCC plastic bags used are made from recycled material and are recyclable.
- Recycled Book Program
- Did you know that Phi Theta Kappa receives $10 for every box of books that we recycle? If you have books that you no longer need and cannot sell, just drop them off in one of our recycling boxes and we'll take care of the rest.
- Jostens Elements Graduation Gowns
- Graduation gowns are now completely compostable (from the packaging to the zipper)!
- Sustainable Purchasing Philosophy
- We purchase used books whenever possible (for students AND vendors if needed).
- We purchase recycled products (notebooks, pens, bags) made from recycled material.
- Code of Conduct Policy
- The PCC Bookstore is committed to doing business with vendors and suppliers who conduct their business affairs in a socially responsible and ethical manner.
If you have any questions about items on the list, would like to provide feedback, or have a great idea - please let us know!