Metro Manufacturing Plant Electrician
The Metro Manufacturing Plant Electrician Apprenticeship is overseen by the MA #1018 JATC. Maintenance Electrician information follows in the links below for information regarding Manufacturing Plant Electrician/Plant Journeyman apprenticeship.
|Term||New Course Name / Number||Old Course Name / Number|
|Term I (fall)||APR 121: Intro to Electricity and Circuits||TE 9610 Elec I|
|Term II (winter)||APR 122: AC/DC Motors Principles||TE 9611 Elect II|
|Term III (spring)||APR 123: AC Theory for Motors and Transformers||TE 9612 Elect III|
|Term IV (summer)||APR 201: Electrical Motor Controls||Elective|
|Term V (fall)||APR 124: Electrical Systems Operations||TE 9613 Elect IV|
|Term VI (winter)||APR 125: Electrical Circuits and Wiring Methods||TE 9614 Elect V|
|Term VII (spring)||APR 126: Electrical Systems Installation per NEC||TE 9615 Elect VI|
|Term VIII (summer)||Elective - See the Things You Should Know document.|
|Term IX (fall)||APR 221: Advanced AC Circuitry||TE 9616 Elect VII|
|Term X (winter)||APR 222: Hazardous Locations||TE 9617 Elect VIII|
|Term XI (spring)||APR 223: Motor Control Operations Including PLC’s||TE 9618 Elect IX|
|Term XII (summer)||Elective - See the Things You Should Know document.|
|Term XIII (fall)||APR 224: Electrical Code - Level I||TE 9619 Elect X|
|Term XIV (winter)||APR 225: Electrical Code - Level II||TE 9619 Elect XI|
|Term XV (spring)||APR 226: Electrical Code - Level III||TE 9620 Elect XII|
|Term XVI (summer)||Elective - See the Things You Should Know document.|
The class schedule is subject to change without notice.
Current/upcoming term Apprenticeship class schedules are available on the PCC website.
Please note: To qualify for “re-rate” each apprentice must complete one (1) elective in each calendar year in addition to the core courses for that year. Report same on MPR’s and submit transcript of grade upon completion. This is necessary to satisfy the requirement of Art. 6 - Related Training Program Standards. The committee strongly recommends consultation with the supervising electrician in choosing the course.
Training Agent Approval Process
- New! Training Agent Registration Agreement (Also in MS Word)
- Must be printed on gray paper and submitted 10 days prior to a committee meeting.
- Complete Yellow Training Agent Application Form - Must be printed on yellow paper and submitted 10 days prior to a committee meeting.
- Training Agent Contact Update
- Apprenticeship Administration Fee Agreement Form
Apprentice Indenture Procedure
All items below must be submitted 10 days prior to a committee meeting.
- Apprenticeship Indenture Procedure Checklist
- Complete Apprentice Registration Agreement Form – this must be printed on white paper
- Submit a copy of your high school transcript
- Submit a copy of the journey person license
- Complete PCC Admission/Entrance Procedure (explained in detail below)
- Submit a copy of your PCC placement exam scores
- Complete online new student orientation
- Submit a signed Receipt of Policy Form
Mail or drop off completed paperwork to:
Portland Community College
Attention: Katrina Cloud CA TEB 103
705 N Killingsworth
Portland, OR 97217
PCC Admission/Entrance Procedure
- Apprentices can go to the Admissions webpage and fill out the online admission form.
- Wait about three days, then call Cascade Campus Testing Center at 971-722-5234 for a recording of when you can take the college placement exam. (For your convenience, there are other Testing Centers that may be more conveniently located where you may arrange your placement testing).
- Next, go back to the Orientation web page and complete the online new student orientation.
- Once these steps are completed the apprentice will be ready for class registration.
Registration and Grade Procedure
You may register for classes and print your grades using MyPCC. To gain access, go to www.pcc.edu, scroll to the upper right corner and click on the yellow button labeled “MyPCC”. If you need assistance logging in please call the student helpline at 971-722-8222. To reach the registration helpline call 971-722-8888.
Print off the following documents as needed:
- What to expect in your apprenticeship
- Apprenticeship Indenture Procedure Checklist
- Apprenticeship Administrative Fee Agreement form
- Things you should know
- Approved electives list
- How to request an elective that is not on the approved elective list
- Training Agent Application Form
- Must be printed on yellow paper and submitted 10 days prior to a committee meeting.
- Contact Update – Training Agent for address, email or phone number or contact updates
- Apprenticeship Registration Agreement
- Must be printed on white paper and must be submitted with transcripts 10 days prior to a committee meeting.
- Contact Update – Apprentice for address, email or phone number updates
- Apprenticeship Data Sheet
- Release of Interest Form
- Monthly Progress Report (MPR)
- Here's a generic monthly progress report example.
On each and every report you must include:
- The Month and Year
- Employer (supervisor) signature; related training class title and instructor signature
- A ‘running’ or ‘cumulative’ total of all OJT hours in the lower right block of the grid.
- If you have taken an approved elective, indicate the course and hours in the lower right-hand block on your MPR. Get elective instructors signature.
- You are to complete MPR’s once each month whether you are working or not
- Keep a copy of each month’s MPR for your records and next month’s reference
- If you have been given ‘credit’ by the committee, add the hours on you next MWPR
- If you miss a class you must submit an Apprentice Absence Form
- Apprentices are required to submit a paper copy MPR and an electronic copy MPR:
- Properly completed MPR’s are due by the 10th of each month!! Use black ink and print legibly.
- Apprentice Absence Documentation
- MPE Policy Document (Receipt of Policy Form is on the last page of MPE Policy Document)
- MPE Standards of Apprenticeship
- Affirmative Action Plan