Why Should You CLIMB?
From entry-level training to continuing education units (CEUs) for working professionals, CLIMB offers a range of educational opportunities for health care professionals.
The healthcare industry is one of the most rapidly expanding fields in the country. With so many jobs available, we want to make sure you have the skills and tools necessary to excel. The Portland Community College - CLIMB Center offers a wide range of health training designed to help anyone gain the tools they need to break into the healthcare field We partner with experts in the health industry to provide current and advanced training for today’s practitioner.
We are based out of Portland, OR, and we proudly serve students locally, across the country and internationally. Health areas covered include subjects like nutritional therapy, herbalism, emergency medicine/critical care, and more. We are a training center for American Heart Association certification classes and teach both Certified Nursing Assistant 1 & 2 courses.
When it comes to preparing you for a career in the healthcare industry, you can always count on the Institute for Health Professionals at the Portland Community College - CLIMB Center to offer valuable resources. We provide the health training that you need to succeed in a health career.Browse our site to learn more about what CLIMB can do for you and give us a call today for more information about our health courses!
We are moving to email notifications
Sign up for our E-Brochure, or selective E-Announcements »
- Course Highlights
- New course: Restraint, De-escalation, and Provider Safety
- New course: Oregon Oral Radiology Proficiency Certification Prep
- New course: Introduction to Aquatic Animal Medicine: Fish as Patients, May 10
- Foot and Nail Care: Lecture Only, April 14
- PICC Care & Maintenance, May 27
- Introduction to IV Therapy, June 2 & 3
- IV Therapy Online
- ACLS/BLS/PALS Online Courses
- Spring registration begins March 5!
- American Heart Association/Cardiology
- Meet the highest standards through AHA continuing education courses. Supplement with relevant cardiology courses.
- Business Office
- Expand your professional career skills beyond your present day-to-day job requirements.
- Conferences and Seminars
- Partnering with health care experts to bring you the latest in research and learning.
- Emergency Medicine/Critical Care
- Focusing on topics relevant to pre-hospital or in-hospital emergency medicine and critical care specialists.
- Entry-Level Training
- Want a health care career but don’t have the experience? Start here!
- Classes in herbal principles, therapeutic properties and practice in herbal healing systems.
- Health Management Skill Training
- Helping you and your organization to build deeper leadership capacity.
- Nursing Assistant (CNA1/CNA2)
- A certified nursing assistant works in a variety of health care settings to take care of patients
- Nutritional Therapy
- Classes for health professionals and individuals who are interested in combining nutritional science and natural, drug-free medicine.
- Special Topics in Health Care
- Stay the best in your field. Continuing Education for the broad spectrum of health care professionals.