Course Content and Outcome Guide for TA 250C
- Course Number:
- TA 250C
- Course Title:
- Technical Theatre Production
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionProvides the opportunity to learn and apply intermediate technical skills in one or more areas of technical theatre. Employ teamwork skills to collaborate throughout the production process. Participation in the main stage production required. Prerequisites: WR 115, RD 115, and MTH 20 or equivalent placement test scores, and TA 250B or Instructor approval.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion students should be able to:
- Use integrated and applied learning to demonstrate hands-on experience in a variety of theatre disciplines to bring a production from conceptualization to closing night (AKA-the production process).
- To employ teamwork skills in order to collaborate throughout the production process.
- To independently navigate & troubleshoot a specific theatrical project within the production process.
- To use learned skills in order to lead production team members in a specific area of technical theatre throughout production process.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Assessment may include:
•Evaluation of performance running crew experience
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
•Apply techniques developed in rehearsal into the performance
•Demonstrate discipline and commitment throughout project
•Demonstrate effective listening
•Demonstrate critical thinking: conflict resolution
•Demonstrate time management skills: establishing & adhering to deadlines
•Backstage rehearsal & performance etiquette
•Safe backstage practices
•Safe shop practices
•Leading peer groups
•Demonstrate modes of communication: verbal, written, visual