- Course Number:
- PE 181D
- Course Title:
- Circuit Interval Training 1
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionImproves aerobic, anaerobic, and strength conditioning through interval training. Includes the use of free weights and/or gym circuit weight training machines and functional fitness training. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Students are expected to warm up and cool down. Self testing for participants may be offered as a part of this class.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Increase levels of physical fitness through circuit interval training.
- Perform safe and effective warm up and cool down.
- Follow proper lifting and cardio training techniques for improvements in both cardiovascular fitness and muscular endurance .
- Develop a life-long fitness, health, and wellness program that incorporates the circuit interval training approach.
Course Activities and Design
- Increase levels of physical fitness
- Perform safe and effective warm up and cool down
- Learn proper lifting techniques
- Development of life-long fitness, health and wellness program
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Pre/post fitness testing
- Individual fitness programs
- Active participation and effort
- Written assignments and/or exams
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Benefits of circuit interval training
- Care and use of weight equipment and/or free weights
- Target heart rate
- Warm-up and cool-down
- Components of fitness-related physical fitness and their benefits for life-long fitness
- Personal fitness assessment
- Goal Setting
- Modification of exercises and activities for varying physical conditions and individual fitness levels
- Practice warm-up and cool-down activities