Course Content and Outcome Guide for PE 120F
- Course Number:
- PE 120F
- Course Title:
- Ballet III
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionContinues development of Ballet technique at an advanced level with a focus on increasingly complicated choreography and the expression and communication of Ballet in performance. D 290B and PE 120F cannot both be taken for credit. Prerequisites: D 290A or PE 120E. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Engage in and appreciate different forms of artistic expression through Ballet.
- Promote health and wellbeing via physical activity, self-expression, and group interaction
- Integrate dynamic alignment and functional technique at an advanced Ballet skill level.
- Compare and contrast intermediate Ballet skills verses advanced Ballet skills.
- Execute increasingly complex Ballet choreography.
- Utilize techniques that promote expression and communication through Ballet.
Course Activities and Design
Intermediate/Advanced Jumps and Turns
Traveling and linking steps
Allegro (petit and grand)
Manipulation of choreography (variations, retrograde, adapting sides, etc)
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Other outcome assessment strategies may include:
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Demonstrate Intermediate/Advanced skills in sequencing
Clearly apply body positions, facings, port de bras, and epaulement
Execute increasingly complicated axial and locomotor movements
Clearly demonstrate understanding of line and shape
Adapt choreography to varying tempos, kinds of music, etc.
Explore musicality at a continuing level
Apply instructor and peer feedback to improve performance
Work from internally and externally rotated positions
Demonstrate spatial awareness
Effectively demonstrate different movement qualities
Execute intermediate jumps, turns, and patterns
Focus on performance and how movements are effectively used to create a desired impact
Elements of expression and communication in Ballet
Demonstrate stamina, increased speed, control, strength, and balance