Course Content and Outcome Guide for ECE 130B
- Posted by:
- Joy Killgore
- Course Number:
- ECE 130B
- Course Title:
- Practicum Seminar 2
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture hours:
- Lecture/Lab hours:
- Lab hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionReviews skills necessary for supporting the total development of children, ages 6 weeks to 6 years, focusing on the role of the teacher in implementing a developmental program of early childhood education in two interdependent components: seminar and practicum. Prerequisites: ECE 130A. Corequisite: ECE 131B or ECE 134.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon successful completion, students should be able to:
- Collect and represent documentation of standard achievement as specified in the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
- Use the knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired in pre-and co-requisite coursework to discuss working with children.
Course Activities and Design
Actively participate in seminar discussions and activities.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Review collected materials for a professional portfolio documenting achievement of the NAEYC Standards for Initial Professional Preparation.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- Integrating knowledge of child development and learning;
- Family and community relationships;
- Observation, documentation, and assessment;
- Developmentally effective approaches;
- The use of content to build meaningful curriculum;