Course Content and Outcome Guide for CTT 101
- Course Number:
- CTT 101
- Course Title:
- Cross-Sectional Anatomy-Abdomen & Pelvis
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces the normal appearance of anatomical structures in normal planes. Enables student to differentiate between normal anatomical structures and abnormalities. Designed for graduate technologists or senior radiography students. ARRT certification or department permission required.
Addendum to Course Description
This course is designed for radiographers in all stages of their career: whether still in school, training for a new field or furthering one's knowledge. This class offers both 1 hour of college credit and/or 12 hours of continuing education. It can be taken for a grade, as pass/no pass or as an audit. The student's grade for the course will be based on the final exam results given throughout the class. The student must earn above a 50% on the final exam for a pass mark. These both will earn Category A continuing education credits. With an audit, the student will receive Category B continuing education credits.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Differentiate between normal and abnormal sectional anatomy of the abdomen and pelvis on medical images.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
1. Identify the soft tissue organs of the abdomen.
2. Distinguish the different compartments and spaces within the abdomen.
3. Describethe vasculature of the abdomen.
4. Identify the quadrants of the abdomen and pelvis.
5. Recognize the musculature of the abdomen.
1. Identify the soft tissue organs of the pelvis.
2. Differentiate between the different compartments and spaces within the pelvis.
3. Describe the vasculature of the pelvis.
4. Identify the bony structures of the pelvis.
5. Recognize the musculature of the pelvis...