- Course Number:
- BCT 105
- Course Title:
- CAD for Constructors I
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces Computer Aided Design (CAD) based software. Develops skills and vocabulary necessary to generate construction drawings, and modify existing drawings. Suitable for both MAC and Windows operating systems. Recommended: Blueprint reading and basic computer skills. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
Upon completion of the course students should be able to:
- Draw basic construction drawings using CAD software.
- Modify an existing drawing using CAD software.
- Interpret site gathered information and incorporate into construction drawings.
- Print drawings on DeskJet printers and plotters.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students will redraw a floor plan and elevation provided by instructor.
- Students will complete homework provided by instructor
- Students will complete quizzes provided by instructor
- Students will print drawings and create pdf type files of drawings they create
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts and Issues:
- Basic drafting principles
- Drawing templates
- Notes, and Specifications (Text)
- Creating objects
- Creating symbols
- Walls, floors, roofs and stairs
- Printing CAD files
- Computer skills
- Critical thinking
- Computer vocabulary
- Architectural vocabulary
- Computer shortcuts
- Construction mathematics