Course Content and Outcome Guide for BCT 105 Effective Fall 2015
- Course Number:
- BCT 105
- Course Title:
- Vectorworks for Constructors
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionLearn to create 2D architectural working drawing using VectorWorks CAD based software. A building blocks approach will be used to help learners develop the skills and vocabulary necessary to generate their own working drawings. Suitable for both MAC and Windows operating systems. Recommended: Blueprint reading and basic computer skills. Audit available.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- To draw working drawings for remodel and cabinet projects using VectorWorks CAD software.
- To interpret site gathered information needed for working drawings.
- To print VectorWorks drawings on DeskJet printers and plotters.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Students will redraw a floor plan and elevation provided by instructor.
- Students will complete chapter homework from text
- Students will complete 3 additional drawings including a base cabinet, a Chambered Nautilus and an approved student selected drawing.
- Students will complete three VectorWorks vocabulary and shortcuts quizzes.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Themes, Concepts and Issues:
- Basic drafting principles
- The VectorWorks environment
- Drawing templates
- The VectorWorks drawing environment
- VectorWorks templates
- Notes, and Specifications (Text)
- Creating objects
- Creating symbols
- Walls, floors, roofs and stairs
- Printing VectoWorks files
- Computer skills
- Critical thinking
- Computer vocabulary
- Architectural vocabulary
- Computer shortcuts
- Construction mathematics