Course Content and Outcome Guide for ARCH 162
- Course Number:
- ARCH 162
- Course Title:
- Commercial Print Reading
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces methods to identify, communicate and apply information found on typical commercial construction drawings. Recommended: ARCH 161. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
Intended Outcomes for the course
Identify, communicate and apply information found on typical commercial construction drawings.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Participation in class work sessions and class discussions.
- Proper and timely completion of class projects, which demonstrate effective use of knowledge.
- Evaluation procedures will be presented at the first class meeting. Student grades will be based on satisfactory completion of a series of written competency tests.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Lecture/discussion and lab sessions will be the instructional methods used in this course and will provide the student with the background information necessary to complete the homework assignments.
- Organization of architectural construction drawings
- Line work, Symbols and abbreviations used on construction drawings
- Reading trade information
- Line work and symbols used to indicate mechanical information
- Line work and symbols used to indicate electrical information
- Line work and symbols used to indicate plumbing information