- Course Number:
- ARCH 162
- Course Title:
- Commercial Print Reading
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionIntroduces methods to identify, communicate and apply information found on typical commercial construction drawings. Recommended: ARCH 161. Audit available.
Addendum to Course Description
This course is required for an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Building Inspection Technology. It is also required for the One Year Certificate in Structural Inspection, Mechanical Inspection, Plans Examiner, and One- and Two-Family Dwelling Code Combination Structural, Mechanical, and Plans Examiner.
Transferability of credit depends entirely upon the institution to which the student wishes to transfer.
Students who may have a disability and wish an accommodation should make arrangements to meet with the instructor outside of class to discuss specific requests. Any request for accommodation may require that documentation of disability be reviewed by the Office for Students with Disabilities
Intended Outcomes for the course
Identify, communicate and apply information found on typical commercial construction drawings.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
- Participation in class work sessions and class discussions.
- Proper and timely completion of class projects, which demonstrate effective use of knowledge.
- Evaluation procedures will be presented at the first class meeting. Student grades will be based on satisfactory completion of a series of written competency tests.
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
Lecture/discussion and lab sessions will be the instructional methods used in this course and will provide the student with the background information necessary to complete the homework assignments.
- Organization of architectural construction drawings
- Line work, Symbols and abbreviations used on construction drawings
- Reading trade information
- Line work and symbols used to indicate mechanical information
- Line work and symbols used to indicate electrical information
- Line work and symbols used to indicate plumbing information