Faculty and Staff Development
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
Internationalize your curriculum. Gain understanding, acquire knowledge, and develop skills for living in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world. Seven to twelve day seminars on multiple topics offered in countries around the world.
- East-West Institute on Infusing Asian Studies into the Undergraduate Curriculum
Two week program in Honolulu, Hawaii, designed to enhance teaching at the undergraduate level and further institutional network building among Asian and American higher education institutions.
- Instituto Cultural Oaxaca
PCC has had a long-established relationship with the Instituto Cultural Oaxaca for a study abroad program developed by the PCC Sylvania Spanish language faculty. Program participants enjoy a two week Spanish language and cultural immersion program in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Summer Institute for Intercultural Communications (SIIC)
Professional development workshops (one, three or five day) in the area of international understanding held at the Summer Institute for Intercultural Communications at Reed College.
- International Business Seminars to China (BIE Grant)
- The Business and International Education (BIE) program provides grants through the Department of Education to enhance international businesses education and to expand the capacity of the business community to engage in international economic activities. Grants are made to higher education institutions to provide suitable international training to business personnel in various stages of professional development. PCC has secured a grant that provides for two separate trips to China for faculty from the Business Department.