Creating links to Web Pages will allow you to quickly go back to the page at a later time without having to remember or enter the URL. The process of creating bookmarks is slightly different on each browser. Here we will show you how to save bookmarks in Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Steps: Internet Explorer
- When you are viewing the page you wish to save, click on the Favorites menu.
- Click Add to Favorites from the menu. It is the first option.
- An options window will pop up presenting you with the choice to save the current page address into a specific sub-folder if you have organized your list into folders, or even to give the link a more descriptive name if the current name is not satisfactory. Make your choices, then click OK.
Your new favorite will appear in the folder you chose, or if no sub-folder was chosen, it will be at the bottom of your Favorites list. To visit the page in the future, simply click the Favorites menu and choose the site you wish to visit.
Steps: Mozilla Firefox
- While viewing the page you wish to bookmark, click on the Bookmarks menu.
- Choose Bookmark This Page from the menu.
- A window will open up presenting you with saving options. You may choose a specific folder to save the bookmark to if you wish or rename the bookmark so that it is more descriptive if the current name is not satisfactory. Once you are done with the options, click OK.
Your new bookmark will appear in the folder you chose, or if no sub-folder was chosen, it will be at the bottom of your bookmarks list. To visit the page in the future, simply click the Bookmarks menu and choose the site you wish to visit.