Distance Education faculty help desk
The Distance Education Faculty Help Desk provides help for Instructors with online courses or courses that use Desire2Learn. This help desk is staffed by college staff Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. After 5pm and on weekends, additional coverage is provided by Desire2Learn user support staff.
- Phone: 971-722-8227
- Outside the Portland Area: 1-866-922-1010 ext. 8227
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Staffed by PCC employees
- Monday – Friday
- 8am – 5pm
All other hours, including Saturday and Sunday, are staffed by Desire2Learn Support.
What we can help with
PCC staff can help you troubleshoot issues with your online course, teach you how to use the tools, and answer questions about PCC-specific information such as dates, deadlines, and processes.
The Desire2Learn help desk can assist with issues using the Desire2Learn environment or reporting outages.
Support materials and handouts
You can also try using our rich collection of online help materials to see if we’ve already put together instructions that may solve your problem.
For a schedule of planned system maintenance outages for online classes and other online PCC services, see the TSS Maintenance Calendar.
Whom do I contact?
- Problems with Desire2Learn, Blackboard Collaborate, or your distance learning course
- Distance Education Faculty Help Desk: email@example.com or 971-722-8227
- Problems with MyPCC, PCC email, Banner, the public website, or your PCC-owned computer
- PCC Staff Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-722-4400
- One-on-one training
- Instructional Technology Specialists
- Technical support for students
- Student Help Desk: email@example.com or 971-722-8222
To report an outage when the help desk is closed, please call 971-722-4400 and press 1 to activate the emergency pager.