Tips for Being a Successful Student
Prior to the Tutoring Session
- Carefully complete your assigned work to the best of your ability.
- Write down as many questions as you can think of for which you need assistance.
- Evaluate your strengths and areas for academic improvement.
During the tutoring session
- Use your textbook, assignments, and class notes.
- Write down new notes when appropriate.
- Write down questions you may want to ask the instructor during the next class lecture.
After the tutoring session
- Review, review, review.
- Remember the standard rule of study: For every hour in class a student should study two hours outside of class.
- Follow up with the instructor and ask questions.
- Continue tutoring throughout the term.
For more helpful information on being a successful student, see the Panther Tracks College Success Track.