Degree & Certificate Development
The Curriculum Office is here to provide support to faculty as they create new or revise existing AAS degrees and certificates. These pages are meant to help guide faculty through the process of gaining approval from PCC and the State of Oregon. Please review the guidelines for developing a new degree or certificate, they will assist you and guide you as you consider all aspects of the degree and the process.
How long will it take?
Anticipate a minimum of eight months to complete the approval process for a NEW degree and/or certificate and a minimum of four months to complete the approval process for a REVISED degree and/or certificate. 2013-14 timeline for submission and implementation.
New or Revised?
Reasons for a new AAS degree or certificate include:
- results of a program change
- advisory committee recommendations
- external scans
Reasons for revisions to an AAS degree or certificate include:
- change of course credit
- addition, removal, or exchanging required courses
- degree or certificate outcome change
- change in the total number of electives
- change in total credits
- program title change
- program prerequisite change
- change in status (e.g., open vs. limited enrollment)
- related instruction: initial submission or changes