Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon

screenshot of myrefunds link in the financial aid channel

If your financial aid award is greater than the charges on your student account, you'll receive a financial aid refund. Refunds are delivered to you through the MyRefunds program.

How to choose your refund method

If you are financial aid student, you must choose how you want to receive your money. Here's how:

  1. Watch your PCC email. You'll get a message soon after accepting your award.
  2. Go to the MyPCC Paying for College tab.
  3. Click MyRefunds in the Financial Aid channel.
  4. Choose your refund method:
    • Direct deposit: enter your bank account information
    • MyRefund Card: complete the registration form

Sign up by the Friday before term begins. Otherwise, your refund may be delayed by up to two weeks.

Which method should I choose?

Refund method How long it takes to get your money About this method

Direct Deposit

  • In most cases, funds are available in 1-3 business days after disbursement
  • What it is: an electronic transfer of your refund into your personal checking or savings account.
  • What you need to do: have a paper check from your bank account with you when you sign up. Be sure to type your account information correctly - if it's wrong, your money may go to somebody else!

U.S. Bank Pre-paid Debit MasterCard®

  • In most cases, funds are available by 5pm the day after disbursement
  • What it is: a U.S. Bank Pre-paid Debit MasterCard® that is mailed to you. When your refund is ready, it will be loaded onto your card. You can make purchases anywhere MasterCard is accepted and withdraw cash for free at U.S. Bank and MoneyPass ATMs. Certain fees may apply to use of the card.
  • What you need to do: open an account by completing the six-step registration process. When you get your card in the mail, you have to activate it - follow instructions included with the card.
    Allow 2 weeks for your card to be delivered.
Paper Check
  • In most cases, checks will be mailed in 1-3 business days after disbursement and will arrive within 3-7 business days.
  • What it is: if you do not select an electronic refund method, a check will be mailed to you on the address on file with PCC.
  • What you need to do: ensure your mailing address is up to date. To view your address, go to the MyPCC Quick Links channel and select the My Profile link.

After I sign up, do I have to sign up every term?

No. Your refund choice will apply to all future refunds. You can change your refund method as often as you like, but be sure to allow at least one week for the change to be processed.

For help signing up, to change your refund method, or if you did not receive your funds, please call 877-712-2305.

Direct Deposit Questions

Can I use my debit card number to set up direct deposit?

No. You must use your bank account and routing number printed on the bottom of your check. If you enter your debit card number, your deposit will be rejected.

What happens if I entered my account number incorrectly?

The bank will check to make sure the account number is valid, but they do not verify that the bank account you entered belongs to you!

  • If you entered a valid account number that belongs to someone else, the deposit will go to that account. We can try to recover the funds, but there is no guarantee.
  • If you entered an invalid account number, the deposit will be returned and an attempt will be made to contact you.

Can I go into a bank and withdraw money in person?

Yes, you can make a free cash withdrawal at any U.S. Bank branch or MasterCard affiliated bank once a month.

How much can I withdraw at once?

Complete information on transaction and withdrawal limits is available via the U.S. Bank Transaction Limitations webpage.

What if my card is lost or stolen?

If you card is lost or misplaced, you should immediately suspend your card with U.S. Bank. When you find your card, you can log back in and remove the suspension on your card.

If your card has been stolen, immediately call customer service at 1-855-613-9098 to report it lost or stolen.  Then a replacement card will be sent for $5. Once you get the new card, activate it and it will be ready to use.  As long as you report it the same day it is lost, there should be no personal liability to you.

If you never received your card, call 877-712-2305 to verify your card registration was completed.

Other Questions

Where are ATMs on campus?

U.S. Bank ATM locations are listed on the campus conveniences page.

I was mailed a check - where can I cash it?

If your check was issued by U.S. Bank, you can cash it at a U.S. Bank branch.

Please visit U.S. Bank Prepaid Debit MasterCard Information for a schedule of fees and a list of frequently asked questions.