Financial aid refunds are issued electronically via the MyRefunds Program at PCC within 1 to 2 business days of disbursement. A list of frequently asked questions is provided below.
Be sure to complete your enrollment in the MyRefunds program on time. If your enrollment is not complete, your refund may be delayed by up to two weeks. To enroll in MyRefunds:
- Watch your MyPCC email for an invitation to enroll.
- Log in to the MyPCC Paying for College tab.
- Click MyRefunds in the Financial Aid channel.
- Accept the terms and conditions, verify your information, and click Next.
- Choose your refund preference:
- Direct Deposit: You will be prompted to enter your bank account information and the bank's transit/routing number. You must use your bank account, not your debit account.
|Refund Method||Select your refund method by this date:*||Description|
|Direct Deposit||The first day of the term:
Funds will be available within 1 to 2 business days of disbursement. Please refer to the financial aid disbursement schedule.
Use your existing checking or savings account.
*Financial aid disbursement and refunding begins the 2nd Wednesday of the term. Please refer to the financial aid disbursement schedule and be sure to pay attention to the drop deadlines and payment due dates deadlines!
Call 800-239-4211 for help with enrollment or information about Direct Deposit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question below to get more information.
- I heard my Sallie Mae account is closing. When will that happen?
- We have been advised by Sallie Mae that the accounts will close on March 18, 2014. If you received an email stating that your account will be closing sooner than this, we believe this in error. You can call Sallie Mae at 877-346-2756 to confirm if your account is still open.
- I receive my refund by direct deposit. Is anything changing for me?
- Beginning in May 2014, you'll need to re-enter your direct deposit information in MyRefunds.
- I receive my refund by check. Is anything changing for me?
- There are no changes for students receiving refunds by check. However, we recommend that you sign up for direct deposit, since it is the fastest way to receive your refund.
- I have money in my Sallie Mae account. How will I receive the funds?
- Sallie Mae bank will mail a check for the full balance to you. Make sure Sallie Mae has your correct mailing address. You can call Sallie Mae at 877-346-2756 to update your address.
- When can I sign up for MyRefunds?
- Look for the "Time to Sign Up for MyRefunds" message sent to your MyPCC email that will be sent once your financial aid requirements have been met and you are enrolled in one or more credit courses.
In the meantime, please verify your address by logging into MyPCC and selecting My Profile in the Quick Links section of the MyPCC Home tab to see the address PCC currently has on file for you. If your address is incorrect, stop by any registration office or Student Account Services to have it updated, or call 971-722-8888, option 3.
- How do I sign up for MyRefunds?
- Log into MyPCC Paying for College and click the MyRefunds link located in the Financial Aid channel. If you need help with enrollment, please do not hesitate to call 800-239-4211 or print How to Enroll in the MyRefunds Program at PCC, which describes the following three-step process:
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Verify your personal information to ensure your refund is not delayed.
- Make your refund disbursement selection.
- No-fee student checking account (Refund Card): You will be directed to their website to open the account. If a new web page does not display, you need to remove your popup blocker.
- Direct Deposit: You will be prompted to enter your bank account information and the bank's transit/routing number.
- You must use your bank account, not your debit account.
- Is there a deadline to select my refund option?
Yes! To avoid delays, you must make your final refund selection BEFORE the sign up deadline (shown above). If you do not, your refund could be delayed by a week or more.
- Will I need to sign up every term?
- No. The refund method you select will apply to all future refunds, so you only need to sign up once. You may, however, change your refund preference as often as you like, but be sure to allow at least one week for the change to be processed. If you change your refund preference after the sign up deadline (see above), your refund may be delayed.
- What if I don't sign up in time?
If there is ever an issue with processing your refund electronically, a paper check will be mailed in 7 to 10 business days. >Free check cashing may be available at Rivermark Community Credit Union. Please call to confirm. A valid state or federal photo identification and a PCC ID card are required. Other restrictions may apply.
- Is text messaging available?
- Yes. You may receive optional notification by text when your refund has been disbursed. To sign up. Login to MyPCC, click on the Paying for College tab and select the MyRefunds link located in the Financial Aid channel. Next, click on the About Me tab and scroll down to the Text Message Request section and follow the 3 steps listed.
- How do I know if I signed up successfully?
- You can verify your account is set up by scrolling to the bottom of the page on the ABOUT ME tab.
- When can I expect to get my financial aid refund?
- Refunds will be issued according to the financial aid disbursement schedule. Refunds are issued twice weekly on Tuesday and Friday during the remainder of the term.
- What is the fastest way to get my refund?
- Refunds are disbursed beginning the 2nd Wednesday of each term.
- How will I be notified when my money has been delivered?
- Notification will be sent by email or optional text messaging. They will be delivered to your bank within 1 to 2 days.
- I am expecting financial aid money and it hasn't been credited yet. What should I do?
- Use MyPCC > Paying for College > Student account information > Account Summary by Term to see if your award has been posted and your financial aid refund has been processed. If so, click on the MyRefunds link to see the status of your refund. NOTE: If you have not selected a refund option, it will show that a check will be mailed which can take up to 2 weeks.
- What if I haven't selected MyRefunds option via MyPCC and need money sooner?
- The college makes every reasonable effort to let students know about the deadlines and requirements related to financial aid. The college does have limited emergency loan funds to assist students with emergencies, such as eviction or other serious circumstances that may prevent them from attending. To see if you qualify, please visit the Dean of Students Office at your campus.
- I've decided I don't need my student loan. How can I give the money back?
- Student loan amount decisions should be made prior to the transmission of funds. After you receive your refund, return of funds associated with student loans must be made directly with the loan servicer. Contact Financial Aid for details and assistance.
Other PCC Information
- Can I set up a deferred payment plan if my financial aid is late?
- Yes. The college encourages students to sign up for the College Account Payment Plan whenever a student is late in applying for financial aid.
- Can I charge books purchased from the PCC Bookstore to my financial aid?
Eligible financial aid students may charge required books and supplies at the PCC Bookstore beginning two weeks before the start of each term until ONE week after school has begun. Before making your purchase, go to the Customer Service Desk to verify your eligibility. You must have sufficient financial aid awarded to cover tuition, fees and any book charges. NO CASH REFUNDS will be given on books. Instead, a credit will be applied to your student account for books returned during the allowable return period.