If your financial aid award is greater than the charges on your student account, you'll receive a financial aid refund. Refunds are delivered to you through the MyRefunds program.
How to choose your refund method
If you are financial aid student, you must choose how you want to receive your money. Here's how:
- Watch your PCC email. You'll get a message soon after accepting your award.
- Go to the MyPCC Paying for College tab.
- Click MyRefunds in the Financial Aid channel.
- Choose your refund method:
- Direct deposit: enter your bank account information
- MyRefund Card: complete the registration form
Sign up as soon as you get the "Time to sign up for MyRefunds" email. If your account is not set up by the first day of the term, your refund may be delayed by up to two weeks.
Which method should I choose?
|Refund method||How long it takes to get your money||About this method|
If you do not select a refund method, a check will be mailed to your most recent address on file in 2-3 business days and arrive within 4-8 business days.
After I sign up, do I have to sign up every term?
No - your refund choice will apply to all future refunds. You can change your refund method as often as you like, but be sure to allow at least one week for the change to be processed.
For help signing up, call 877-712-2305.
Direct Deposit Questions
Can I use my debit card number to set up direct deposit?
No. You must use your bank account and routing number printed on the bottom of your check. If you enter your debit card number, your deposit will be rejected.
What happens if I entered my account number incorrectly?
The bank will check to make sure the account number is valid, but they do not verify that the bank account you entered belongs to you!
- If you entered a valid account number that belongs to someone else, the deposit will go to that account. We can try to recover the funds, but there is no guarantee.
- If you entered an invalid account number, the deposit will be returned and an attempt will be made to contact you.
How do I change my bank account number?
You can change your bank account information in MyRefunds by logging in and clicking Select under MyRefunds Preference. Click Edit and enter your new bank account number.
MyRefund Card Questions
How do I check the balance on MyRefund Card?
- Online: visit MyRefunds in MyPCC to view your transactions and make changes to your account.
- Mobile app: get the app for iPhone or for Android.
- Phone: Call customer service day or night at 1-855-613-9098.
- Text: If you have signed up for text alerts, text BAL followed by a space then the last 4 digits of your card number to 91315 (ex BAL 9999).
Can I get email and text alerts?
You can sign up to get email and text messages when your refund is ready or when your balance is low. To sign up:
- Go to MyPCC the Paying for College tab.
- Click MyRefunds in the Financial Aid channel.
- Log in to U.S. Bank.
- From the Account Activities dropdown, choose Enroll in Text Alerts or Enroll in Email Alerts and and follow the steps listed.
Can I go into a bank and withdraw money in person?
Yes, you can make a free cash withdrawal at any U.S. Bank branch or MasterCard affiliated bank once a month.
Deluxe and basic accounts - what's the difference?
The difference is who can add money to your card. With a basic account, only PCC can add money to your card. Deluxe accounts allow you to load money to your card from a savings or checking account, or set up direct deposit of your paycheck. You can also have another person (like your parent) add money to your account. All students that provide a valid social security number will receive a deluxe account.
How much can I withdraw at once?
Here are the limits for purchases and withdrawals:
- ATM withdrawals: $1000, up to 5 per day.
- Purchases: $5000, 99 transactions per day.
- Cash back at a point of sale: $1000, 3 transactions per day.
- Cash advance via teller: up to the card balance, 3 advances. One free cash advance per month.
What if my card is lost or stolen?
If you card is lost or misplaced, you should immediately suspend your card with U.S. Bank. When you find your card, you can log back in and unsuspend your card.
If your card has been stolen, immediately call customer service at 1-855-613-9098 to report it lost or stolen. Then a replacement card will be sent for $5. Once you get the new card, activate it and it will be ready to use. As long as you report it the same day it is lost, there should be no personal liability to you.
If you never received your card, call 877-712-2305 to verify your card registration was completed.
Are there any fees?
Most features of the card are free, but there are few fees associated with certain transactions.
|Monthly Service Fee||Free|
|Minimum Balance Requirement||None|
|Online Customer Service||Free|
|Automated Interactive Voice Response (IVR)||Free|
|Live Customer Service Representative Assist||2 free per month, then $2|
|Text Balance Inquiry||Free|
|Monthly Paper Statements||$2|
|PIN POS Transactions||Free|
|POS Cash Back||Free|
|Bank Teller Cash Withdrawal (at ANY bank)||1 free per month, then $5 each|
|Domestic ATM Withdrawal||Free at U.S. Bank or MoneyPass. $2 at all others.|
|Domestic ATM Balance Inquiry||Free at U.S. Bank or MoneyPass. $1 at all others.|
|Domestic ATM Decline||$1|
|International ATM Withdrawal||$4|
|International ATM Balance Inquiry||$1|
|International ATM Decline||$2|
|Foreign Transaction||Up to 3% per transaction|
Where are ATMs on campus?
U.S. Bank ATM locations are listed on the campus conveniences page.
I was mailed a check - where can I cash it?
If your check was issued by U.S. Bank, you can cash it at a U.S. Bank branch.
Spring 2014 changes
- I already had direct deposit set up. Is anything changing for me?
- Yes. You need to re-enter your direct deposit information in MyRefunds. If you complete this step, you will continue to have your refund deposited without disruption. If you forget, any refund you receive after April 30 will be mailed to you by check.
- My Sallie Mae account closed. What do I do now?
- You need to make a new refund choice. You can choose to have your money deposited to your bank account or loaded on a MyRefund Card. You will get a check for any refund paid to you between March 18 and April 30, which is when your new refund choice goes into effect.
- In the past, I received my refund by check. Is anything changing for me?
- Yes, you should sign up for direct deposit or the MyRefund Card. All financial aid students are eligible for the MyRefund Card. If you don't do anything, you'll continue to get a check.