Unscheduled Campus Closures
At times, weather or infrastructure failures may necessitate delayed opening or closure of one or more College sites. These situations are difficult to predict in advance. This page has been created to let you know where alerts will be posted in the event of a closure.
An alert will be displayed on the homepage of this website (www.pcc.edu) and the MyPCC login page (my.pcc.edu). It will appear in red near the top of the page. If additional information is available, the alert may include links to other documents.
Depending upon your browser's settings, you may need to reload the page periodically to see the most up to date information. Learn more about reloading web pages to view updates.
- Go to: flashalert.net/signup.html and create a new account
- Add an Organization: "Portland/Vancouver/Salem" > "Public Colleges and Universities" > "PCC"
- Make sure "Emergency Alerts" is checked and then press "Subscribe"
- The FlashAlert Messenger app for iPhone, iPad, or Android devices:
- These apps avoid the delivery problems of text messaging and email and are designed to work with your device's notification tools, which can alert you with sounds or pop-up messages.
- Email (less reliable):
- Depending on your computer or mobile device, you may be able to set up a filter to cause a message to pop up when your email account receives a FlashAlert.
- Text messaging (less reliable):
- This was FlashAlert's original notification method. If you don't have a smart phone that can run the FlashAlert Messenger app, you could try text messaging.
Other places to look
- MyPCC announcement
- A closure announcement will be visible to all students, faculty and staff who log into their MyPCC accounts. It will be posted under "College Announcements" on the home tab in the upper left.
- College operator
- The operator voice recording will be updated to include closure notifications. This recording can be reached at 971-722-6111, or toll free at 1-866-922-1010. Significant call volume could make it difficult to get through. The website home page and MyPCC can handle many more connections.
- Local news organizations
- Also be sure to check your local television and radio news stations for the latest updates. They subscribe to the FlashAlert system, where PCC posts emergency and closure information. You, too, can subscribe to PCC's FlashAlerts, as described next.
- Social media
- If time permits, we will post on:
- Community Ed courses
- Closures specific to Community Education locations may appear as an alert on www.pcc.edu/community.
- Shuttle information
- Delays or changes to the PCC Shuttle routes will be posted to the live shuttle tracker, or call 971-722-8811.
- Faculty and staff listserv
- If time permits, an email may be sent to faculty and staff via the "announce" listserv. PCC is not able to send bulk emails to students at this time.
Alerts will not be displayed for closures due to scheduled events, such as national holidays. Please check the academic calendar, for a list of scheduled closures.