College President Search - Timeline
This is general timeline for the presidential search. Dates will be added and updated as the process moves forward:
- April 2012
- Invite proposals from search firms. Proposals due April 27.
- May 2012
- Board interviews search firms, and appoints a Search Advisory Committee. Board selects a search firm.
- June 2012
- First Search Advisory Committee meeting.
- July 2012
- Board and consultant develop a search plan.
- August 2012
- Board develops first draft of the Candidate Profile.
- September 2012
- Search Committee meets to review profile. Community and college-wide forums.
- October 2012
- Board develops a final candidate profile based on input from Search Advisory Committee and forums. Approves profile at October 18th meeting. Post position.
- January 2013
- Position closes. Board and Search Advisory Committee review applications and identify semi-finalists for interviews.
- February 2013
- Search Advisory Committee interviews semifinalists and recommends finalists to the Board.
- March 2013
- The college holds forums open to the public and college community to solicit feedback about each of the three finalists, and PCC's Board of Directors conducts interviews with the finalists. Forums and interviews are held the weeks of March 11 and March 18.
See the News section of the President Search page for a detailed schedule.
- April 2013
- Board visits to finalists' campuses as required.
- April/May 2013
- Board selects next College President.
- July 2013
- New College President starts.