Admission to the Medical Laboratory Technology Program
Ready for WR 121
MTH 95 - Intermediate Algebra
Biology - College level class
Chemistry - College level class
For Fall 2014 admission – January 13, 2014 through March 14, 2014
The program will accept a limited number of students, and applicants will be selected based on a competitive point system. For information on other classes you can take prior to entry into the program and what applicants will receive admission points for see the Prerequisite Worksheet.
For more information, please attend an information session.
- The Medical Laboratory Technology program is a full time closed program with limited enrollment.
- The Medical Laboratory Technology program will be accepting a limited number of students for fall 2014 based on the number of points applicants receive.
- We accept students for the Cascade campus program and for the Distance Learning program.
- The Distance Learning program requires applicants to live 50 miles or more from the Portland Metropolitan area.
- The Distance Learning program serves Oregon communities outside the Portland Metro area only. Contact admissions to see if your community has clinical opportunities available.
- Students will become part of a cohort (a group of students who take classes together), and will be required to take classwork during the terms listed in the catalog, or if changed, provided during the Medical Laboratory Technology orientation for top applicants.
- Applications will be accepted January 13, 2014 through March 14, 2014.
- All prerequisites must be completed or taken concurrently during the term the applicant is applying, for example completed or taken during winter term 2014 for admission into fall term 2014.
- If you are completing prerequisite coursework at a college other than PCC, the final grade must be in the admissions office within one week after winter 2014 grades have been posted.
- Top applicants who receive the most points (see the MLT Prerequisite Worksheet) will be invited to a mandatory Medical Laboratory Technology Orientation.
- Applicants with the same points will be accepted in the order that their completed application was received for admission, so we highly recommend that you apply as early as possible for the program
- Applicants will be evaluated on their oral communication skills at the orientation.
- Final Acceptance will be based on Points, time of application and on the oral communication evaluation.
The number of students who are accepted to the second year of the MLT Program is limited to the number of available clinical sites. Therefore, the possibility exists that not all students who successfully complete all first year requirements may be accepted into the second year of the program. If this situation should occur, acceptance into the second year will be dependent upon academic standing, program participation and professional conduct.
Make sure you follow the steps below to ensure you are ready to apply to the program.
- Attend information session or make advising appointment
- Apply to PCC
- Take placement test or get credit for previous coursework
- Submit Transcripts
- Complete prerequisite classes
- Complete the application
- Admission Notification
We are glad you have chosen the Medical Laboratory Technology program at Portland Community College – Cascade Campus. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding the application process.