Admission to the Medical Laboratory Technology Program
Proposed Prerequisite Requirements
- WR 121 - English Composition
- MTH 95 - Intro Algebra, 2nd term
- BI 121 & 122 - Intro to Anatomy and Physiology
- CH 104 - 106 - Allied Health Chemistry
- MLT 199E or MLT 110 - Introduction to Medical Laboratory Technology
We are not accepting any new students into the program for the 2014-15 academic year. We will be accepting applications for fall 2015 during spring term 2015.
The program will likely accept 20 students and applicants will be selected based on a competitive point system. For information on the admission point system see the Prerequisite Worksheet.
For more information, please attend an information session.
- The Medical Laboratory Technology program is a closed program with limited enrollment
- The Medical Laboratory Technology program is a two-year Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree program and students take courses full-time during the day
- Applicants can enter the program fall term at the Cascade Campus (705 N. Killingsworth St. Portland, OR 97217)
- We are in the process of revising our curriculum and as a result much of the information you see on this website is in the process of being approved. We expect all changes to be approved but until that time, likely early in fall term 2014, proceed as if all information on this site is subject to change at any time.
- There will be no new students admitted to the program for the 2014-15 academic year. We anticipate that we will admit 20 students for fall term 2015 based on the number of points applicants receive.
- Applications will be accepted in spring term 2015 to start the program in fall term 2015. Exact dates will be available by the end of fall term 2015.
- All prerequisites must be completed by the end of spring term 2015. You may apply prior to completion of all prerequisite classes as long as all classes will be completed by the end of the spring term 2015.
- Applicants with the same number of points will be accepted in the order that their complete application was received so we highly recommend that you apply early.
- Students will become part of a cohort (a group of students who take classes together), and will be required to take the curriculum lock-step. The curriculum currently listed in the catalog is no longer valid after the 13-14 academic year. We will have updated curriculum listed here for the 2015-16 academic year by early fall term 2014.
- After admission to the program, but before beginning clinical rotations, students may be required to complete some or all of the following: criminal background check, proof of immunizations, and a ten-panel drug screening. There will be a cost associated with completing this requirement.