TGIF: The Green Initiative Fund
Are you interested?
Due to Kendi Essary by November 1, 2014
Campus Address: CA Student Center Room 04
The Green Initiative Fund (TGIF) provides funding for projects which “green” our campus and reduce the college’s impact on the environment. TGIF allocates funds to projects that increase the amount of renewable energy used on campus, increase energy efficiency, and reduce the amount of waste created by our college. Portions of the fund will support education initiatives and student internships. TGIF is administered through a student majority governance board.
Plan of Operation
- Projects shall support efforts to reduce PCC’s impact on the environment.
- The governance board of TGIF shall take into consideration the fact that PCC is a multi campus institution. Therefore, an effort shall be made to distribute funds in an equitable manner.
- Projects shall contain publicity, education and outreach components.
- All necessary written approval by appropriate campus officials shall be obtained prior to consideration.
- PCC students, staff, and faculty are permitted to submit project proposals, as long as they are under the umbrella of a campus department. Individuals and organizations outside the college are not allowed to submit project proposals.
- TGIF funding will not support projects that are already mandated by law or college policy. TGIF will only fund projects that are not currently paid for by the college.
- TGIF is limited in funds and therefore will be more likely to support projects which have secured partial funding via other means. Other means may come from department budgets or outside sources.
- Preference will be given to projects that demonstrate the greatest reduction of PCC’s greenhouse gas emissions and/or resource usage for the least cost.
- Student participation is encouraged in all projects.
- Projects shall positively impact both social and environmental sustainability and take into account all impacts.
- A report will be required upon completion of each project. We will release the report to the public.