Resources for faculty and staff
Students who completed the Start Guide for Fall 2015 did better in their online classes than those from fall 2014 who did not take it. Success!
Distance Learning Faculty - Get paid to create engaging and professional media for your fully online courses!
Check out the new What Works Well in Teaching Online at PCC booklet that was created by the Distance Learning Advisory Council with feedback from faculty and staff.
The Distance Education Department provides leadership and support for online learning and the use of technology to enhance learning at Portland Community College. Our staff help faculty and departments offer and manage new courses online, and we also offer a variety of training opportunities.
- Eight points to help make sense of OER
- June 27, 2016
- Peter shares 8 take-aways about OER from a conversation with one of our librarians, Jen Klaudinyi.
- D2L CD update 10.6.2 for June 2016
- June 8, 2016
- Updates for June include improvements to grading from rubrics, group tools, and assignment grader functionality.
- OER Accessibility
- May 31, 2016
- OER could be the best opportunity to address inclusive design and accessible content selection from the beginning rather than relying on the accommodation process, which excludes students and has an unmeasurable effect upon success and completion.
- View more ...