Resources for faculty and staff
Contact Distance Education
- Fall Faculty Learning Communities: Focus on Rubrics
- Your Knowledge + Our Production Team = Video Camp!
- Introducing a guide for new and experienced online instructors
- Image and video use recommendations for online courses, part 3
- Image and video use recommendations for online courses, part 2
- View more ...
The Distance Education Department provides leadership and support for online learning and the use of technology to enhance learning at Portland Community College. Our staff help faculty and departments offer and manage new courses online, and we also offer a variety of training opportunities.
We can help you with
- Online Development Information
- If you want to develop and offer new courses online or revise and improve existing online course offerings, look no further.
- Course management
- Timing is everything. This guide identifies key deadlines and milestones in the term for student activities and course management.
- Instructional best practices
- Our staff share some best practices for developing courses, creating engaging content, interacting with students, and assessing educational outcomes.
- Tutorials and technical support
- Learn how to use key features in Desire2Learn, Collaborate and other tools for delivering online content.
- Training for online instructors
- See what training opportunities are available, including overview sessions, upgrade training, and advanced sessions to take your online course to the next level.
For urgent assistance
The Distance Education Faculty Help Desk provides help for Instructors who need assistance with online courses or courses that use Desire2Learn.