Resources for faculty and staff
Distance Education is providing pilot access to royalty free media collections during 2016-17.
Distance Ed. will be discontinuing the legacy Collaborate/Online Rooms tool in December in favor of the newer Collaborate Ultra online conferencing tool.
Check out the new What Works Well in Teaching Online at PCC booklet that was created by the Distance Learning Advisory Council with feedback from faculty and staff.
The Distance Education Department provides leadership and support for online learning and the use of technology to enhance learning at Portland Community College. Our staff help faculty and departments offer and manage new courses online, and we also offer a variety of training opportunities.
- Before you decide to proctor
- November 28, 2016
- Proctoring exams may not be the silver bullet for assessment that it seems. Learn more about the complexity of proctoring online exams in this cautionary tale.
- D2L CD update 10.6.7 for November 2016
- November 25, 2016
- The November update includes a few change related to rubrics, intelligent agents, the HTML editor, and the quiz tool
- Default font size in D2L too tiny?
- November 21, 2016
- Rondi shares how to adjust the font size in D2L so that you don't strain your eyes while reading all those discussion posts.
- View more ...