Resources for faculty and staff
The results from the first term of Start Guide for Online Learning is in and the results are good.
Distance Learning Faculty - Get paid to create engaging and professional media for your fully online courses!
Check out the new What Works Well in Teaching Online at PCC booklet that was created by the Distance Learning Advisory Council with feedback from faculty and staff.
The Distance Education Department provides leadership and support for online learning and the use of technology to enhance learning at Portland Community College. Our staff help faculty and departments offer and manage new courses online, and we also offer a variety of training opportunities.
- Updated Online Start Guide Data
- May 24, 2016
- Students who completed the Start Guide for Fall 2015 did better in their online classes than those from fall 2014 who did not take it. Success!
- Mentoring? Coaching? Future steps for our mentor program
- May 23, 2016
- Are you aware of our Online Faculty Mentor program? Do you know there’s a faculty mentor responsible for each discipline […]
- Try Collaborate Ultra a better online rooms experience
- May 16, 2016
- The new version of Collaborate greatly reduces the complexity in offering online office hours and group work.
- View more ...