Deborah Evind Women's Leadership Award Scholarship
A $1000 scholarship, awarded annually, designed to recognize and support a female student who has participated in a Sylvania Women's Resource Center program or benefited from a service offered by the Sylvania Women's Resource Center and demonstrates "women's leadership" through her paid and/or volunteer work (service on campus or in the community) and that has a positive impact on other women. The award will help the recipient meet the costs of tuition, fees, books, and educational supplies.
Scholarship will be awarded to a female student who:
- Has participated in a Sylvania Women's Resource Center program such as Women's Leadership Program (Student Advocate), Transitions Program (Program participant, Mentor), Illumination Project (Student Educator, Student Coordinator), or The Vagina Monologues (Cast, Crew, or Producer)
- Or has benefited from a SY WRC service (Counseling, Advising, Advocacy, Self Defense, etc.).
- Has demonstrated "women's leadership" through paid/volunteer work, service on campus or in the community
- Is attending at least 3/4 time (9 credits or more per term)
- Has at least a 2.5 GPA
- Has completed at least 24 PCC credits by the end of winter term
- Preference is given to applicants with financial need
To apply for the Deborah Evind Women's Leadership Award Scholarship students must complete the standard online PCC Foundation application. See Foundation website for application availability dates.