The New Directions Program is a strength-based, supportive learning community dedicated to easing the transition to college and career for single mothers, displaced homemakers, and other students in transition. Our purpose is to help women identify and navigate obstacles to better ensure strength of college success. This program empowers women through identity/career exploration and decision making skill development. The class explores topics such as time management, values clarification, campus resources, communication and diversity, learning styles, resumes and letters of recommendation, financial aid and scholarships for women.
Student selected to participate in the class get:
- 4 elective transferrable credits (WRC covers tuition and fees for the credits)
- Free class materials
- Assistance with child-care and transportation
- Mentoring & wrap around support
- Academic advising, counseling, referrals
What will I learn?
- Personality Styles & Assessment
- Identity Development & Diversity
- Healthy Relationships & Communication
- Decision making & Goal Setting
- Confidence & Self-Efficacy
- Career interest assessment
- Values clarification
- Research skills
- Resume & letters of recommendation
Classes are offered each term. Check online for upcoming orientation dates. For more information please call Kristen Martin (971)722-7448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Directions Orientation for Fall 2016 Class:
All Orientations will take place in the Rock Creek WRC 7/119
We offer New Directions Fall, Winter and Spring!
Fall New Directions is night class:
For more information please call 971-722-7448 or email email@example.com