Phi Theta Kappa ~ Alpha Eta Iota Chapter
12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97219 ~ Sylvania, CC102 ~ 971.722.4361
Alpha Eta Iota Chapter
Being a member of PTK is more than just a badge of honor. Membership benefits are geared to help you fund your education, obtain useful career and academic resources, and sell your academic success through recognition. Here are some highlights of what benefits are available to you as a member. To guarantee that you receive the most up-to-date information, please visit the international site's benefits page.
Promote your success! Stand out among your peers and get recognized for your hard work. PTK provides several tools to help you achieve this and get ahead.
The Golden Key Membership pin. When you wear the golden Key of Phi Theta Kappa, you will be immediately recognized as a member of the Society that has symbolized academic excellence in community college for 85 years.
Golden Honors Stole and Tassel Honor Cord and Key Medallion. Wearing the Golden monogrammed Honors Stole and Tassel, Honor Cord and Key Medallion at your Commencement will make you stand out in the crowd and identify you as an honor and campus scholar.
Membership Certification and ID Card. Your Gold-embossed certificate, suitable for framing, and the wallet-size ID card confirms your membership in the world's largest association of community college honor students.
Diploma Seal. The Gold embossed Diploma Seal commemorates your scholastic achievement and your membership in Phi Theta Kappa.
Newspaper Press Release. As a member of PTK you may request an electronic press release be sent to your local newspaper, announcing your membership.
@ptk.org. The PTK permanent email address allows you to establish a permanent email alias through which all of your correspondence can be forwarded.
Letter of Recommendation. As a PTK member you may request a letter of recommendation be sent to college admissions officials or potential employers, confirming membership and leadership roles in PTK.
PTK members are leaders both academically and in community involvement, making them excellent candidates for scholarships. Get the latest information from the official Phi Theta Kappa scholarships page. Here are some opportunities available to you as a member.
- $36 Million in Scholarships for Members Only. As a member you will be eligible to apply for Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Scholarships offered by over 600 senior institutions in 49 states, including Harvard University, Cornell University of Southern California, the University of Pennsylvania, Johns Hopkins University, NYU and Tulane University.
- GetConnected Scholarships. After you’ve provided information necessary to complete your membership requirements, you’ll be automatically eligible for scholarships awarded during the year in varying numbers and in amounts up to $500 each.
- Leaders of Promise Scholarships. Phi Theta Kappa funds annual scholarships to assist members in completing their associate degree studies. A total for $30,000 is awarded annually to 30 "Leaders of Promise."
- Guistwhite Scholarships. Phi Theta Kappa annually selects 20 members to receive Guistwhite Scholarships for baccalaureate degree studies. A total of baccalaureate degree studies. A total of $100,000 is awarded annually.
- All-USA Academic Team Scholarships. Cash stipends of $2,500 each are award to 20 students named to the annual All-USA Academic First Team. These students are also featured in USA TODAY. Forty additional students received Second and Third Team recognition.
- All-State Academic Team Recognition. Programs in 36 states recognize Phi Theta Kappa members nominated for the All-USA Academic Team, through presentation of scholarships, stipends and media coverage.
- National Dean's List. As a member of Phi Theta Kappa, you will be automatically nominated for the prestigious National Dean's List publication. By completing the data forms, you will become eligible for a total of $7,500 in scholarships awarded to 30 members annually.
- Opportunity to Be Published. Hundreds of members have had their writings published in the Society's nationally circulated literary awards anthology, Nota Bene. As a member, you too will have the opportunity to be published. The year's most outstanding submission is honored with the $1,000 Citation Scholarship. Four members' manuscripts are chosen to receive $500 Reynolds Scholarship.
- Honors Institute Scholarships. Phi Theta Kappa annually hosts the International Honors Institute to provide members and opportunity to hear from renowned scholars speaking on the Society's Honors Study Topic, and to develop lifelong friendships with fellow members. More that $85,000 in Honors Institute Scholarships covering housing and full tuition is awarded each year.
Accept Phi Theta Kappa membership and you'll get free access to the most extensive online benefits available to two-year college honor students through Get Connected - a site designed to take you where you want to go, in college and in life. Here's a sample:
- eScholarship Directory. The eScholarship Directory is a one-stop source for $36 million in scholarships designated for Phi Theta Kappa members by more than 600 senior institutions in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Canada, and two online institutions.
- Transfer Database. Senior colleges and universities want you-and Phi Theta Kappa makes it easy for them to find you. With permission, names of members are entered into the Phi Theta Kappa Transfer Database, the first stop for senior institutions interested in recruiting high ability community college students.
- Kaplan Test Prep. Kaplan Test Prep, a one-stop destination for test prep help and information, offers a special discount for all Phi Theta Kappa members and their families.
- The Princeton Review. Making the transition from a two-year to a four-year college can be overwhelming for some students. In order to help its members cope with some of that pressure, Phi Theta Kappa has connected with The Princeton Review to provide an exclusive discount to Phi Theta Kappa members and their families seeking help with GRE, MCAT, GMAT, LSAT, SAT, and ACT tests.
- monsterTRAK. An exclusive partnership with monsterTRAK.com allows Phi Theta Kappa members to enroll in the monsterTRAK™ Network, which offers entry-level jobs, internships, and full and part-time positions.
- Answer Financial. Access to this innovative service is yours when you become a Phi Theta Kappa member. Answer Financial is the fast, free and easy way to comparison shop and purchase insurance and more—online, by phone and on your terms—including auto, homeowners, renters, life, long term care, health and dental insurance.
- CollegeFish is a tremendous resource that brings together counselors, advisors, administrators and scholarship partners to assist you with planning for the future.
Phi Theta Kappa Recognitions Item of the Month
We have added something new to the Recognitions Collection! The new Phi Theta Kappa Lined Parka has arrived just in time for Spring. Layer it with the trendiest fashions found in the Recognitions Collection and proudly show your affiliation with Phi Theta Kappa.