What are Voice Tools?
Voice tools give students the opportunity to practice aural and vocal communication skills outside of class time. They promote a sense of community and bonding among students.
The tools include:
- Voice Board:
- a threaded, voice-based discussion board that can also be used for one to one vocal exercises (asynchronous). Can be made private for oral assessment.
- Voice Email:
- enables you to send a vocal email message with an optional text feature that will be sent to PCC email accounts.
- Voice Recorder:
- enables you to add vocal instructions or information to accompany content within a web page.
- Voice Direct/Chat:
- a synchronous live voice chat application for meeting/discussion.
- Voice Presentation:
- a presentation tool that consists of web content (website URL) alongside voice messages for comment.
- Wimba Podcaster:
- a tool that allows for creation of and subscription to podcasts, allowing you to share audio content via iTunes/ iPod.
- Login to Wimba Voice
Contact your campus IT Specialist for this training.
- For Instructors:
- For Students:
- For more information about Voice Tools, see Voice Tools Documentation
- Email Andy Freed to request a Voice Tools account..