What are Voice Tools?
Voice tools give students the opportunity to practice aural and vocal communication skills outside of class time. They promote a sense of community and bonding among students.
Blackboard has announced that Voice Tools is no longer supported as of August 2016. No new accounts are being created.
We will replace Voice Tools with VoiceThread, coming in Fall 2016
The tools include:
- Voice Board:
- a threaded, voice-based discussion board that can also be used for one to one vocal exercises (asynchronous). Can be made private for oral assessment.
- Voice Email:
- enables you to send a vocal email message with an optional text feature that will be sent to PCC email accounts.
- Voice Recorder:
- enables you to add vocal instructions or information to accompany content within a web page.
- Login to Voice Tools
Contact your campus IT Specialist for this training.
- For Instructors:
- For Students:
- For more information about Voice Tools, see Voice Tools Documentation
- Email Andy Freed to request a Voice Tools account..