2013 Ceremony Details
- Friday, June 14th, 2013
- 7pm start, please arrive between 5:30pm and 6:00pm
300 Winning Way
Portland, OR 97208
Note: At the Coliseum, you may be photographed or videotaped. By participating in the Commencement ceremony, you permit Portland Community College to publish your image in photo/video materials related to the Commencement ceremony. The recording of the Ceremony could also appear on the PCC website and/or social media sites including but not limited to YouTube and Facebook.
- Can't Attend?
- The 2013 graduation will be available live online.
- The 2013 Commencement RSVP has closed as of Monday, June 3 at 5pm.
- Special Accommodations:
- If students need special accommodations for the ceremony, please contact the Graduation Office at 971-722-7718.
- Take the Shuttle to Commencement!
- Parking and Transportation Services will offer free shuttles to the graduation ceremony. Don't worry about traffic near the coliseum or pay for parking - parking will be free at the PCC Cascade Campus. Friends and family are welcome to ride! Shuttles will leave from the Cascade Campus beginning at 4:00pm and will run approximately every 15-20 minutes. The Shuttles will continue to run for 45 minutes after the ceremony. The Parking and Transportation webpage will post graduation shuttle information in May.
- How many guests can I bring?
- Invite as many people as you want! No tickets are required. Seating will be available for disabled and for hearing impaired guests. Headsets will be available at the Information Booth in the Coliseum Lobby. Although it is a celebration, please inform your guests that no food, drinks, gift baskets, presents, or helium balloons are allowed into the facility.
- What can I bring to the ceremony?
- Please do not bring valuables. There is no place to store them and unfortunately, things have been stolen in the past. Whatever you bring, you will take into the auditorium with you. There is not a changing area available. No food, drinks, gift baskets, presents, or helium balloons are allowed into the facility.
- Commencement Photographs
- Photographs will be taken by a professional photographer. You will have an opportunity to order prints online through the photographer’s website. Please be aware that if you do not arrive to the Coliseum by 6:30, you may not have an opportunity to get your picture taken.
Stop by the Grad Fair at your campus!
- Cascade - Wednesday, May 1st, 11:30am-1:30pm, Student Center between the library and the cafeteria.
- Southeast Center - Wednesday, May 1st, 11:30am-1:30pm, Great Hall
- Rock Creek - Thursday, May 2nd, 11:30am-1:30pm, Building 9
- Sylvania - Thursday, May 2nd, 11:30am-1:30pm, Upper CC Mall
Caps, Gowns and Cords
Caps, Gowns, and honor chords will be sold at PCC bookstores from May 1st through the beginning of June. Please be aware that cap & gown sizes are limited, get yours early for the best fit.
All gowns worn by graduates must be purchased through the PCC bookstore. Graduates will be wearing “The Elements Collection” from Jostens. They are made of natural fiber from renewable, managed forests. The only part of the cap and gown that is not biodegradable is the zipper which is made from recycled pop bottles, and the button on the cap which is made of metal – both of which can be recycled. Blue gowns worn by previous PCC graduates are acceptable.
- Cap and Gown:
- Honor Cords:
- Price will vary depending on announcement choice. Students can buy announcements at the bookstore or personalized announcements through Jostens.
Commencement items that will be available from the PCC bookstore include:
- Caps & Gowns
- Diploma Frames
- Honor Cords (Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.75-4.0 will receive a highest honors notice via their PCC email. The email must be brought to the bookstore in order to purchase an honor cord.)
2012 Commencement Photos
Looking to order photos from the 2012 ceremony? Visit the Grad Images website to view and order photos from the 2012 PCC commencement ceremony.