What is Future Connect?
Future Connect is an initiative to eliminate barriers to attending college while providing on-going support to help students once they get there.
Future Connect is about building pathways to the future through scholarship money, career guidance and personal advising.
Future Connect is an opportunity for high school students within Multnomah County, the Hillsboro School District, and the Beaverton School District who identify as first generation or low-income.
Students who have have participated in SummerWorks or Summer Youth Connect partner programs throughout Multnomah county will have Priority Eligibility!
- Listing of Eligible SummerWorks and Summer Youth Connect Programs
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters
- Camp Fire Columbia
- David Douglas School District
- El Programa Hispano
- Gresham-Barlow School District
- I Have a Dream Foundation
- Impact NW
- Metropolitan Family Service
- Mt. Hood Community College Project (MHCC)
- Multnomah County Department of Community Justice
- Native American Youth and Family Center (NAYA)
- Neighborhood House
- New Avenues for Youth
- Office of Youth Violence Prevention
- Open Meadow: Step Up
- Open Meadows: Alternative School
- Outside In
- Parkrose School District
- Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center (POIC/RAHS)
- Portland Parks & Recreation
- Portland Youth Builders PPS REAP, Inc.
- Reynolds School District
- SE Works
- Step It Up, Inc.
- Straightway Services
- Youth Employment Institute (YEI)
Future Connect is a scholarship program that is sponsored by the City of Portland, The City of Hillsboro and PCC.
Future Connect is open to first generation or low income students who will have a high school diploma or GED within Multnomah County, the Hillsboro School District, or the Beaverton School District by the end of the year and will be attending PCC starting fall term 2013.
What Students Get Out of Future Connect
- Scholarship Money
Future Connect applicants who are selected for the scholarship will receive a minimum of $500 per year for two years.
This great opportunity is a result of a partnership between the City of Portland’s investment in future scholars and PCC’s promise to match this investment dollar for dollar.
Future Connect applicants are also eligible for many other student scholarship opportunities available to all PCC students.
- College Success Coach
- Personalized academic advisor to help you navigate your college experience.
- Free classes focused on surviving and succeeding in your collegiate career and beyond.
- Job & Internship Resources
- Future Connect gives you access to internships to give you real-world possibilities for applying your college experience and learning.
- Enrichment Activities
- An intensive summer orientation before fall term and continuing workshops and extracurricular gatherings throughout the school year will help you both transition into college and excel in your studies and career goals.
What You Can Do for Future Connect
Make a contribution through the PCC Foundation and double your support for Future
Connect students! You’ll help us meet the matching challenge from the City of Portland. Thank you.
More information is available for those interested in contributing to Future Connect.
Scholarship Application opens in early January 2014.