Beaverton Early College High School
Principal: Linda West | Administrative Assistant: Barbara Chhaya | 971-722-7473
Special event this summer only!
The Intel Ultimate Engineering Experience is open to ECHS students pursuing degrees in computers, engineering, micro-electronics, and technology. You won't want to miss it!!
- Rock Creek Campus
- July 15 - August 22, 2013
- Intel Ultimate Engineering Experience
What is Early College High School?
Beaverton Early College High School (ECHS) is an opportunity for students to blend high school and college in a coherent, personalized and rigorous education program at Portland Community College.
Designed as an option for the last two years of high school, students generally attend PCC full time for six terms. Tuition is paid for by the Beaverton School District. It is possible for a student to earn a high school diploma, an Associate's Degree or up to two years of college credit in his/her career pathway.
Is it Right for Me?
- Yes, if you are 16 years of age.
- Yes, if you live in the Beaverton School District.
- Yes, if you are the first person in your family to go to college.
- Yes, if you are interested in a career area that is not offered at your high school.
- Yes, if you are willing to leave your high school and attend PCC full time.
- Yes, if you find you are not a good fit socially or educationally at your traditional high school and are willing to commit to two years in the program.
- Yes, if you are concerned that college may not be an option for you otherwise and you are willing to take the required career development coursework.
- Yes, if you are mature and ready to take on new challenges.
Want to learn more about the program? Take these next steps:
- Come to an Early College Open House! For details, see the Spring 2013 Open House flyer and Fall 2013 Open House flyer.
- Next Open House dates:
- Tuesday, February 5: Sylvania, CC Spruce Room, 4pm
- Wednesday, February 6: Rock Creek Bldg. 5, Room 115A, 4pm
- Tuesday, March 12: Sylvania, CC Spruce Room, 4pm
- Wednesday, March 13: Rock Creek Bldg. 5, Room 115A, 4pm
- Tuesday, April 16: location TBA
- Wednesday, April 17: location TBA
- Next Open House dates:
- Check out what life will by like on campus: attend a PCC Preview Day
- Ready to apply? Follow the Early College Steps to Admission
If you are not currently attending high school, are home schooled or have unique circumstances, we encourage you to contact the ECHS Office at 971-722-7473 to determine if you are eligible to apply.