PCC Theatre Season 2016-2017
- Almost Maine, by John Cariani: A series of short vignettes exploring love and loss in a town so small it's called "Almost".
- In the Heights: The Tony Award winning musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Broadway's Hamiton.
- Love and Information, by Carol Churchill: In this fast moving kaleidoscope, more than a hundred characters try to make sense of what they know, and cannot know.
PCC Sylvania Visual and Performing Arts and Design Department presents
Welcome to Almost, Maine, a town that’s so far north, it’s almost not in the United States—it’s almost in Canada. And it almost doesn’t exist. Because its residents never got around to getting organized. So it’s just…Almost.
One cold, clear Friday night in the middle of winter, while the northern lights hover in the sky above, Almost’s residents find themselves falling in and out of love in the strangest ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. Love is lost, found, and confounded. And life for the people of Almost, Maine will never be the same.
Almost, Maine: It’s love. But not quite.
Almost, Maine was developed at the Cape Cod Theater Project (Andy Polk, Artistic Director) in 2002, and received its world premiere at Portland Stage Company, where it broke box office records and garnered critical acclaim. Almost, Maine opened Off Broadway in the winter of 2005/2006 at the Daryl Roth Theatre (Jack Thomas/Bulldog Theatrical and Bruce Payne, Producers) and was subsequently published by Dramatists Play Service. To date, Almost, Maine has been produced by over 2500 theater companies in the United States (and by over a dozen companies internationally) making it one of the most frequently produced plays of the past decade.
- Thursday Nov 10, 7pm
- Friday Nov 11 (No show, Veteran's Day, PCC is closed).
- Saturday, Nov 12, 7pm
- Thursday, Nov 17, Matinée 11am
- Friday, Nov 18, 7pm
- Saturday, Nov 19, 7pm
- Sunday, Nov 20, Matinée 2pm