Fall 2015: Usagi Yojimbo (The American Premiere)
Opening night pre-show event with Usagi Yojimbo creator, Stan Sakai!
6-6:30 Book signing
6:30-6:45 Q&A with Stan!
by Stan Sakai, Adapted by Stewart Melton
- Movement by Heidi Dyer, Dance Program Chair
- Costumes, Masks and Make Up by Guest Artist Diane Trapp, Assisted by Dani Bash*
- Lighting by Guest Artist Peter West
- Scenic Design by PAC Coordinator, Dan Hays
- Properties by Alexandra Ginger Clark*
- Directed by Theatre Program Chair, Patrick Tangredi
- Stage Manager Mariah Adkisson
* PCC Theatre Student
Story of the play
Set in rural 16th century Japan, where danger lurks everywhere and feudal lords fight for power, Usagi Miyomoto, is a hero worshiping rabbit who yearns to become a Samurai. To do so, Usagi must leave his mother and abandon his friends while studying the ways of the samurai with an eccentric and frustrating sensei, the master swordsman Katsuichi, an aging lion. But once he receives his training, he must struggle against an old friend in a winner-take-all samurai tournament. And upon his return to his home village, he must to confront a gang of bandits, and their leader, a gigantic bear at the grave of his father. Will Usagi prevail? Come and find out, in this play adapted from Stan Sakai's beloved comic book!
Appropriate for ages 7 and up-and sure to delight all ages. Mild violence. PG.
- Friday November 6, 7pm Curtain OPENING NIGHT EVENT TBA!
- Saturday November 7, 2pm Matinee!
- Thursday November 12, 11am Matinee!
- Friday November 13, 7 pm Curtain.
- Saturday November 14, 7pm Curtain. Sign Language Interpretation!
- Sunday November 15, 2 pm Matinee!
All performances are presented in the Performing Arts Center, PCC Sylvania Campus, 12000 SW 49th Ave, Portland, OR 97219.
All Seating is General Admission; there is no assigned seating. The theatre is Handicapped Accessible. Hearing Impaired support available at the box office.
General Admission: $10 (a small fee will be added by Brown Paper Tickets). Tickets available online.
Students, PCC Staff, Seniors, Veterans and PCC Alumnae: $8, available at the box office one hour before curtain time of each performance in the PAC lobby, and in the PCC Bookstore (as of 9/21/2015).
- Usagi- Blaine Vincent
- Atsuko- Lisa Merlo Flores
- Mariko- Kaitlyn Bough
- Kenichi- Kyle Menzies
- Katsuichi- Ethan Sloane
- Tomiko-Liz Bellows
- Mifune- Marcos Tunes
- Sensei- Skye McLaren Walton
- Alsatian- Ethan Cockrill
- Foxhound- Ginger Clark
- Raccoon- Eve Bradford
- Fox- Skye McLaren Walton
- Innkeeper- Chet Wilson
- Mole- Alexandra Pantaja-Taylor
- Bear- Alan White
- Movement Ensemble: Daisy Carr, Chii Rhodes, Liz Bellows,
- Understudies: Laura Baldwin, Skye McLaren Walton.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 971-722-4323.