PCC Theatre Season 2016-2017
- Almost Maine, by John Cariani: A series of short vignettes exploring love and loss in a town so small it's called "Almost".
- In the Heights: The Tony Award winning musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Broadway's Hamiton.
- Love and Information, by Carol Churchill: In this fast moving kaleidoscope, more than a hundred characters try to make sense of what they know, and cannot know.
Auditions and interviews for specific roles (either backstage or onstage) for Almost, Maine and In the Heights will be held during the first week of fall term, September 26-30. Stop by the Theatre Arts notice board in the PAC greenroom for more information.
Auditions for Almost, Maine
Audition for our Fall 2016 production: Almost, Maine.
- Wednesday, September 28, 3-4pm, PAC lobby
- Thursday, September 29, 3-4pm, PAC lobby
- Friday September 30, 11am-12 noon (callbacks), PAC lobby
Welcome to Almost, Maine. A town that’s so far north, it’s almost not in the United States – it’s almost in Canada. And it almost doesn’t exist. Because its residents never got around to getting organized. So it’s just... Almost. One cold, clear Friday night in the middle of winter, while the northern lights hover in the sky above, Almost’s residents find themselves falling in and out of love in the strangest ways. Knees are bruised. Hearts are broken. Love is lost, found and confounded. And life for the people of Almost, Maine will never be the same. Almost, Maine: It’s love. But not quite.
Students need only audition once, on either day, by showing up for a (roughly) one-hour audition slot. Reading the play beforehand is strongly suggested. The script is on reserve in the PCC library as well as in the PAC Green Room. Auditions will consist of readings from the play.
Students cast in the TA Fall 2016 production of Almost, Maine will be required to enroll in TA 180 for between 1-4 credits and TA 250 for 1-3 credits. The cast will meet before Spring term ends to discuss rehearsal schedules in fall (once school begins) as well as the play. Rehearsals will begin the first week of Fall term. Rehearsals will be afternoons or evenings Monday through Thursday and Friday mornings from 9-12.
- Thursday Nov 10, 7pm
- Saturday, Nov 12, 7pm
- Thursday, Nov 17, 7pm – Matinée 11am
- Friday, Nov 18, 7pm
- Saturday, Nov 19, 7pm
- Sunday, Nov 20 – Matinée 2pm
For more information contact email@example.com, 971-722-4323.