Welcome to the PCC Theatre
PCC Sylvania Performing Arts Center Theater (PAC) | 12000 SW 49th Ave., Portland, OR 97219
PCC Theatre presents it's 2014-2015 season:
- Fall: William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing
- Winter: Hairspray, The Broadway Musical
- Spring: The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams
The Friday, November 14 Matinée is now starting at 12 noon, not 11 am as previously noted. It is still pay what you wish.
Tickets at the door, cash and check only. Prices:
- $10 general public
- $8 all students/seniors/PCC staff
- $5 per groups of 10 or more
Much Ado About Nothing
William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing takes us to the beloved banter between Beatrice and Benedick, the lover/rivals who jest and joust their way to true love. With unforgettable characters like Dogberry, Verges trying to counter the evil Don John, or the lovable Leonato, Margaret, Ursulla and Don Pedro clamoring to bring the lovers Hero and Claudio to the Friar to be married, this play offers the most laughs per minute than any other Shakespeare. Featuring work by designers Sarah Gahagan, Ashley Smith, DanHays and our talented students, this cast of 19 will bring you to laughter and love like no other play before.
- Thursday, November 13, 7:30pm
- Friday, November 14, Matinée 12 noon
- Saturday, November 15, 7:30pm
- Sunday, November 16, Matinée 2pm
Hairspray, The Broadway Musical
Can Tracy Turnblad achieve her dream of dancing on the Corny Collins show? Can the youth of 1960's Baltimore change the division between black and white by bringing the city to it's feet, or will the adults who can't change bring them to their knees? This beloved musical will certainly bring you to your feet, if you can stop tapping them!
- Friday, March 6, 7:30pm
- Saturday, March 7, 7:30pm
- Thursday, March 12, 7:30pm
- Friday, March 13, Matinée 11am
- Saturday, March 14, 7:30pm
- Sunday, March 15, Matinée 2pm
The Glass Menagerie
This classic vaulted Tennessee Williams to the pantheon of American playwrights and established his reputation as a visionary for the contemporary theatre. Join Tom, Laura and Amanda Wingfield as they navigate the treacherous territory of lost family, impossible expectations and desperation. This beautiful play recently revived on Broadway with Cherry Jones and Zach Quinto played to sold out houses for months! Come and see why The Glass Menagerie is considered an American classic!
- Friday, May 8, 7:30pm
- Saturday, May 9, 7:30pm
- Thursday, May 14, 7:30pm
- Friday, March 15, Matinée 11am
- Saturday, March 16, 7:30pm
- Sunday, March 17, Matinée 2pm