Who can submit material?
All PCC students are encouraged to submit their best as-yet unpublished writing and artwork for publication. At least 80 percent of each issue is devoted to PCC student work; up to 20 percent may be non-student work.
Students with creative writing backgrounds are invited to register for WR 246 or WR 249 and participate in producing the next issues of Alchemy and Letter & Line.
How to submit
Upload your submission at the submission manager address below. Be sure to comply with the deadline and submission guidelines.
- Submissions accepted January 1 to March 10.
- Publication June 1.
- Submit up to 5 poems, 5 stories, 5 scripts, 5 creative nonfiction pieces, 5 photographs, and 5 artworks.
- Submit up to 3,000 words in each prose submission.
- All works must be titled.
- Cover letter should contain a brief bio, e-mail address, US Mail address, phone number, and the titles of the works submitted.
- Work not accepted for Alchemy may be considered for publication in the spring Letter & Line.
Submit your creative work by uploading it to our submission manager:
- The Alchemy Editing and Publishing class reserves editorial control of all material submitted and protects all rights.
- Alchemy Literary Magazine acquires first North American serial and online publication rights of material selected for publication; authors and artists retain all other rights to the material.
- Payment in copies.