Contribute to Alchemy
Who can contribute?
All PCC students are encouraged to submit their best as-yet unpublished writing and artwork for publication. At least 80 percent of each issue is devoted to PCC student work; up to 20 percent may be non-student work.
Students with creative writing backgrounds are invited to register for WR 246 or WR 249 and participate in producing the next issues of Alchemy and Alembic.
How to submit
Upload your submission at the submission manager address below. Be sure to comply with the deadline and submission guidelines.
- Submissions accepted September 1 to March 10.
- Publication June 1.
- Submit up to 5 poems, 5 stories, 5 scripts, 5 creative nonfiction pieces, 5 photographs, and 5 artworks.
- Submit up to 3,000 words in each prose submission.
- All works must be titled.
- Cover letter should contain a brief bio, e-mail address, US Mail address, phone number, and the titles of the works submitted.
- Work not accepted for Alchemy may be considered for publication in the spring Alembic.
Submit your creative work by uploading it to our submission manager:
- The Alchemy Editing and Publishing class reserves editorial control of all material submitted and protects all rights.
- Alchemy Literary Magazine acquires first North American serial and online publication rights of material selected for publication; authors and artists retain all other rights to the material.
- Payment in copies.