Final Copy of ACCEPT Report (December 2015)
Two Inspiring Speeches in Support of the Recommendations and Report (December 9, 2015): Shirlee Geiger and Beth Haworth-Kaufka: Recording and Transcript
- Explore and examine issues surrounding part-timers and how the current system affects the educational experience at PCC, listing both positives and tension points
- Categorize the issues as:
- Issues within our control
- Issues we might influence
- Issues beyond our control
- Make recommendations to the EAC based on findings
Other Important Documents:
The Survey, Redacted (2013)
- This important report argues that part-time faculty should be part of the intentional planning of a college, rather than ad hoc unintentional growth.
- January 23, 2013: Taskforce Approved by EAC
- End of Academic year, June 2013: Initial organization and introductory surveys accomplished
- End of Academic Year, June 2014: Recommendations to EAC
- Revised Timeline (1.29.2014): June 2015
- Note: Report was completed (February, 2015), and even though it focuses on Culture, Climate, and Experience of Part-Time Faculty at PCC, the EAC was requested to postpone a vote of approval until PCCFFAP negotiations were completed, so that managers could be included in the vote. The report remained on the "Action Agenda" and was postponed each month until contract negotiations were completed.
- Contract negotiations were completed in November. There was not a quorum in the November 25, 2015 meeting. Minor adjustments were made to the recommendations.
- The EAC formally approved the recommendations to be presented to the college president for final approval on December 9, 2015
- Recommendations were brought to the interim college president on January 11, 2015. Dr. Chris Chairsell, Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs, approved the report on that date.
- Currently awaiting final approval of the interim college President.
- Allie Flanary, Full-time Reference Librarian Faculty, SY, Co-chair
- Tanya Pluth, Part-time Composition and Literature Faculty, CA,Co-Chair
- Martha Bailey, Part-time Philosophy, Religion, CA, RC, SY; TLC Coordinator, CA
- Louis Bruneau, Part-time Emergency Management; Business Administration, CA
- Sylvia Gray, Full-time History Faculty, SY; EAC Chair
- Kerry Pataki, Part-time Anthropology and Geography Faculty, SY
- Alyson Lighthart, Division Dean of Math and Sciences, CA
- Theresa Love, Faculty Department Chair, Developmental Ed, Reading/Writing, RC
- Michael Street, Part-Time English Composition, RC