Computer Applications and Office Systems
The Computer Applications and Office Systems (CAS/OS) program prepares students for careers in two large and growing fields: administrative support and web site development and design. Many students take these courses to improve their current job skills or to learn new skills to help them move into a new career. The CAS/OS classes will support students in many other academic endeavors.
Degrees and Certificates
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate of Applied Science, Administrative Assistant
- Associate of Applied Science, Administrative Office Professional
- Associate of Applied Science, Website Development and Design
- One-Year Certificate, Administrative Assistant
- One-Year Certificate, Website Development and Design
- Less than One-Year Certificate, Virtual Assistant
- Less than One-Year Certificates: Career Pathways
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Word Processing
- Office Assistant
- Web Assistant I
- Web Assistant II
- Marketable Skills Awards
See the Catalog for information regarding program requirements. All CAS/OS courses applied to a certificate or degree must be passed with a “C” grade or better.
CAS/OS Program News
- A new Virtual Assistant Certificate was officially approved by the State of Oregon. All courses are available online.
- For the benefit of our students, nearly all CAS/OS courses are offered in both a distance learning and computerized classroom format.
- Apply for admission to PCC.
- Meet with a CAS/OS instructor for advising and pick up a Recommended Course Sequence handout.
- Contact the admissions office and let them know which degree or certificate you have decided to pursue.