Portland Area Career Technical Education Consortium (PACTEC)
Rock Creek Building 5, 116
Welcome to PACTEC
The office of the Portland Area Career Technical Education Consortium, formally known as PAVTEC. The change is visually small but the mission is vast.
We used to call it “Vocational Education” and before that just “Shop Class”. Today our world has changed and the focus is Career and College Ready.
With the passage of the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical education Act of 2006, there is a renewed focus on an area of education which seemed to have been forgotten in the educational discussion.
The members of PACTEC are actively working to provide the promise that America will have the next generation of skilled workers, innovators in technology, entrepreneurs and community leaders.
For further information please contact the PACTEC office:
PCC, Rock Creek Campus
17705 NW Springville Road, Bldg 5 / 116
Portland, OR 97229
Portland Community College
PO Box 19000
Portland, OR 97280-0990
We serve the community by
- Recommending eligible programs of study to ODE for approval
- Providing regional professional development and implementing the annual plan of work
- Assisting schools with program updates and data collection
- Coordinating the dual credit program and assisting with postsecondary transitions
- Representing Career Technical Education and Dual Credit at regional and state meetings
- Facilitating CTE Licensure and renewal
- Applying and reporting annually for the Perkins Grants
- Managing funds, purchasing equipment and maintaining inventories for the regional high schools.