TITLE: Digital Services Coordinator
Under the direction of the Library Services Manager responsible for developing and implementing digital information services for the library. Typical responsibilities include: maintaining and updating library websites; managing the integrated library system; providing technical support to library staff; and representing the library at District-wide meetings on technology issues.
The Digital Services Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of digital information systems and services within the library.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the site coordinator for the integrated library system, which includes: implementing new services; troubleshooting system problems; running statistical reports; loading new records; implementing database edits; coordinating activities with external Colleges that contract for the use of the system; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Develops and maintains the applicable websites, including the library catalog’s web interface; collaborates with internal staff on development, maintenance, and/or redesign issues.
- Provides technical assistance and training on various digital projects and/or to staff, which includes: preparing technical documentation on procedures; reporting problems to vendors; troubleshooting system problems; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Participates in/on a variety of meetings, groups, and/or committees to communicate and confer about process analysis of existing procedures and systems, determine cost/benefit and complexities of new processes and projects, prepare for testing, discuss the rollout of new projects and software upgrades, and/or discuss other applicable issues.
- Participates in selecting vendors and monitoring applicable contracts to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Library Science. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Two years experience working with an integrated library system and web development experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Website development and maintenance principles and practices;
- Integrated library systems;
- Library operations;
- Networking principles;
- Database management principles.
Demonstrated Skill in:
- Developing and maintaining web sites;
- Developing and implementing digital information services;
- Providing technical support;
- Communicating technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Managing databases;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is generally performed in an office environment, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Frequent sitting, reaching, walking, standing, lifting, stooping, or carrying of equipment and materials may be required. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily.