TITLE: Admission and Registration Manager
Under the direction of Enrollment Services Management, manages the day-to-day operations of district-wide Admission and Registration department. Develops, recommends, plans and administers admission and registration policies and procedures, dual admission with partner institutions, related systems support and regulatory compliance. Interprets and provides critical analysis to inquiries from College departments, educational institutions, the community, and/or external agencies and supervises administrative services support staff. Researches and resolves complex student and technical issues.
The Admission and Registration Manager recommends and carries out operating policies and procedures with a focus on facilitating the admission and enrollment of students in the College.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Plans, organizes, maintains, and manages the processes and operations of admission and registration services for the College; manages activities of the Admission and Registration department to include: planning, implementing, administering and evaluating projects and services impacting the College operations from an admission/registration perspective.
Develops, recommends, organizes and administers the College’s policies and procedures pertaining to the admission and registration of all students including new, transfer, former, continuing, credit and non-credit students. Develops communication plan for admission and registration of students. Serves as liaison to PCC departments and other colleges and universities.
Supervises administrative support staff and manages the operations of four separate full-access campus locations. Hires, evaluates, trains, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
Serves as the Banner data custodian for admission and registration which includes building and maintaining tables that operate admission and registration products and provide student access and the tuition and fee tables that assess charges upon registering. Determines residency status of admission applicants and adjusts applicable tables in Banner.
Collects and analyzes a variety of complex data and information regarding admission, registration, online processes, telephone helpline, and direct services. Summarizes findings in applicable reports or other communication mediums.
Manages the dual admissions process with partner institutions. Serves as the liaison to university colleagues to research, resolve and respond to student issues. Coordinates and develops new partnerships. Collaborates with partner schools to develop dual admission applications, processes and information forms.
Functions as the system gatekeeper by approving requests for new accounts, special access and removing inactive accounts. Researches and diagnoses issues from a “systems” perspective and designs strategies to resolve admissions and registration system and procedural problems. Coordinates system related efforts with the Technology Solutions Services department as appropriate. Develops strategic plans, goals and recommendations for Banweb online admission, dual enrollment, and registration products. Coordinates the testing of admission and registration module upgrades.
Collaborates with staff, faculty, administrators and internal departments to research and resolve complex student issues relating to admission, dual enrollment, registration, late drops, refunds, administrative drops and withdrawals. Presents admission and registration information to a variety of audiences.
Monitors compliance with government regulations; ensures that FERPA and Gramm, Leach & Bliley standards are adhered to with regard to admission, registration, student payment and related student records. Oversees the retention, security and confidentiality of student records.
Publishes the schedule of admission and registration dates and times. Establishes and maintains an admission and registration annual calendar of events and tracks benchmark activities. Maintains the admission and registration web site; related email accounts as well as admission, registration and records area of MyPCC Portals Virtual Advisor product. Develops forms that are utilized by students and staff for admission and registration purposes.
Monitors department budget, ensuring compliance with applicable restraints; implements and allocates resources following budget approval; approves expenditures.
Participates in a variety of meetings, committees, taskforces, and/or other related groups to communicate information and facilitate continuous improvement of programs and services.
Oversees the issuing of student/staff identification cards and related equipment and supplies.
Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a student services related field, education or business or other related field. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Five years of progressively responsible, professional level experience in higher education, in admissions/registration or student services, including two years of supervisory experience. Master’s degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of:
- Higher Education and student services
- Advanced principles and practices in the area of college admissions, dual enrollment, registration and payment requirements;
- Supervisory principles;
- Budgeting principles and practices;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or statutes;
- Analytical methods and techniques;
- Needs assessment methods;
- Strategic planning principles;
- Project management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated Skill in:
- Supervising subordinate staff;
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and making recommendations in support of goals;
- Preparing and administering budgets;
- Compiling and analyzing data and preparing a variety of reports;
- Speaking in public;
- Developing strategic plans;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable internal and external program requirements;
- Monitoring legal and regulatory changes;
- Maintaining confidentiality;
- Analyzing processes and making recommendations for improvement;
- Researching, analyzing and applying relevant information to the development of departmental processes and procedures;
- Coordinating activities with other internal departments and/or external agencies;
- Preparing a variety of reports related to operational activities, including statistical analysis;
- Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is generally performed in an office environment with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job satisfactorily.