TITLE: Print Center Operations Coordinator
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Print Center Manager purchases graphics, signs, duplication and printing supplies for the college; manages inventory levels and coordinates copier usage. Researches vendors, assesses cost savings in terms of price, quality and ability to meet established deadlines. Interactions extend to College staff, students and multiple vendors. Incumbent works under general supervision.
1. Prioritizes and coordinates the purchasing for graphics, signs, duplication and printing. Obtains specialized bids for outsourced goods and services for college wide printing, paper purchases and photocopy contracts. Works with the Purchasing department to meet the State or Oregon laws for quotes and bids. Researches new vendors for specialized printing.
2. Manages the inventory levels of paper and supplies to ensure appropriate quantities are available to meet productions needs without incurring excess inventory. Reports year-end inventory.
3. Coordinates print projects with outside vendors; consults about artwork, proofing, scheduling and delivery terms.
4. Advises college staff regarding alternate printing methods, different paper applications, lead-time and cost cutting measures.
5. Monitors departmental expenditures and vendor performance; generates reports for fiscal accounting for departmental manager; assists the manager with budget projections.
6. Processes all department packing slips, invoices and purchase orders to maintain accounts payable; generates internal and external manual billing invoices and maintains accounts receivables; contacts vendors to resolve discrepancies.
7. Coordinates copier usage at the college through key operators and copier network including accountability of cost center accounts.
8. Develops and implements procedures and price lists for miscellaneous charges.
9. Maintains records for historical and current data.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Exposure to video display terminals occurs with varied frequency. Receiving and inventory control duties may necessitate moderate lifting and use of a hand truck.
Learned physical skill is required to perform keyboarding and/or ten-key function.
High school diploma or equivalent; one year of training or college level course work with emphasis in inventory management, purchasing, printing or related area. Experience performing the duties described above may substitute for the training or college-level course work on a year-for-year basis.
Two years experience purchasing or buying in a print/publishing operation or similar specialized field. Ability to understand and convey technical information related to printing and paper purchases. Effective communication skills required to interact with vendors and others. Basic Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable knowledge; accurate keyboarding and 10-key skills.