TITLE: Multimedia Designer/Producer
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of Marketing management, promotes the college's programs and offerings to the general public using a variety of current and emerging digital and traditional technologies, including video, audio, print media, podcasting, animation, and PowerPoint presentations. Projects are delivered to the College’s audiences via a variety of social media, such as YouTube, Blogger, Facebook and iTunes U, as well as PCC’s web site. Work involves planning, design, producing, integrating, posting online and troubleshooting these interactive multimedia assets. This position coordinates the production and use of these rich media tools in support of PCC’s Marketing Plan and strategic communication initiatives.
- Expands and maintains PCC’s video and audio presence on the Internet, using a mix of creative and professional skills. Translates content into multimedia products in formats including video, audio, graphics, digital animations and HTML.
- Designs print materials (magazines, brochures and advertisements) as required.
- Applies the college’s brand identity to all appropriate aspects of multimedia and print projects.
- Participates with staff in developing creative concepts and ideas for specific projects.
- Produces short videos; plans, writes, sets-up lighting, shoots, records (audio), edits, mixes, and performs all related production activities.
- Creates DVDs of video projects as required.
- Produces, records and edits digital audio interviews of students, faculty and staff.
- Shoots occasional still photographs for use in projects.
- Manages and maintains related equipment.
- Stores and archives the large amounts of data associated with projects.
- Monitors developments in the multimedia and social media fields and advises the marketing team on new opportunities to further the mission.
- Recruits and oversees the work of student interns and volunteers on multimedia projects.
- Performs accessibility testing and quality assurance.
- Provides trainings and workshops for individuals or small groups on setting up social media Web sites.
- Manages multiple, simultaneous projects with frequently adjusted priorities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in a standard office environment and frequently outside the office on location doing video and audio recording indoors or outdoors. Frequent traveling between the campuses and to other locations requires the use of a personal vehicle. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis. Work is often unpredictable and necessitates operating under tight deadlines.
Physical skill is required for audio and video recording on location, loading and unloading light video and lighting equipment and driving between campuses. Work requires standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
Associate’s degree in broadcast, electronic/multi-media, graphic design, communications, visual communications or a related field. Experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Two years proven experience creating video content using software such as Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, InDesign and other Adobe Creative Suite programs, QuickTime Pro, Soundtrack Pro, LiveType, 2, Compressor and Mac OSX. One year professional experience coordinating and producing multimedia projects is required.
- Current principles and practices of social media, video and multi-media production technology.
- Materials, processes, equipment, methods, and techniques used in the development and production of video projects.
- Project planning and management principles.
- Art and graphic design principles.
- Computers and applicable software and programs.
- Assessing project needs and developing and promoting effective solutions.
- Producing, directing, editing, writing, and shooting, video productions.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands to meet established deadlines.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Tracking emerging technologies and new trends (social networking, media sharing, etc.) and aesthetics in popular culture.
- Solving challenging, creative and technical problems and providing innovative solutions.
- Designing and editing informational materials.
- Operating a variety of equipment safely and competently.