TITLE: Graduation/Transcript Evaluator
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the general direction of student records management, performs student graduation checks and evaluates transcripts for acceptability for various college requirements and programs. Employs well-developed verbal skills to present and exchange technical or complex information. Interactions with others may include students, staff, the public, and officials from other educational institutions and government agencies. Work results impact the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of further results beyond the immediate work section. Responsible for producing journey-level work output on an independent basis subject to management direction and review.
1. Evaluates and verifies graduation petitions for all Portland Community College degrees and certificates (excluding departmental program certificates), including but not limited to, Associate of Arts-Oregon Transfer degree; Associate of Science degree; Associate of Applied Science degree general education requirements; Associate of General Studies degree; and High School Completion programs. Assigns and enters appropriate attributes that facilitates program compliance processes. Evaluates foreign transcripts.
2. Evaluates non-PCC transcripts to determine equivalencies with PCC courses and programs; assigns and enters appropriate attributes that facilitates program compliance processes.
3. Processes student and advisor requests for graduation checks and other college transcript evaluations.
4. Receives and assesses all petitions from students in vocational programs (e.g. professional technical, employment skills training certificates, and all certificate petitions—excluding departmental program certificates).
5. Evaluates and processes non-traditional credit requests which include, Military transcripts, Advanced Placement, CLEP, and course challenges. Evaluates waivers and substitutions.
6. Processes official transcript requests.
7. Assists management in developing and implementing new job related systems as needed (e.g., degree audit system, in house diploma production).
8. Answers inquiries from students, staff, and the public, and provides technical information and guidance as needed.
9. Develops and maintains student records and files, including evaluation and entry of degree attribute codes for transfer work of graduation petitions and transcript evaluation.
10. Assists with other student records' activities and graduation duties as needed.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an ordinary office environment. There is some exposure to noise due to printers and copiers and working in an open office area. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a routine basis.
Learned physical skill is required to perform keyboarding functions.
High school diploma or equivalent supplemented with two terms of college level course work in business technology or related area. Experience performing the duties described above for six months may substitute for the college level course work. Two years of experience applying good record keeping, data entry, and analytical and verbal communication skills. Must be highly detail oriented and accurate. Must have ability to apply detailed procedures and requirements to information received from a variety of institutions.