TITLE: Graduation/Transfer Credit Evaluator
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the general direction of student records management, works to ensure the integrity of academic records/transcript data and the accuracy of the academic degrees and certificates conferred by PCC. Performs graduation evaluations to determine if curriculum requirements have been met. Presents and exchanges technical or complex information with students, staff, the public, and officials from other educational institutions and government agencies.
- Conducts official transcript evaluations for the purposes of credit transfer and appropriate course placement. Analyzes course syllabi, course descriptions, college catalogs and other documents to evaluate non-PCC transcripts to determine equivalencies with PCC courses and programs; assigns and enters appropriate attributes that facilitates degree auditing.
- Evaluates credit for prior learning such as military, CLEP, and certifications. Evaluates foreign transcripts. Communicates with other colleges, universities, and testing and training agencies for the purpose of research of the nature, level, and content of prior coursework. Works with CTE department chairs to determine course equivalency and applicability towards CTE programs of study.
- Evaluates and audits students' academic history (both at PCC and from transfer institutions) in light of catalog requirements and academic regulations in an equitable and consistent manner. Determines coursework needed for graduation.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws.
- Interprets and articulates complex academic policy to students, staff, faculty, and the public. Collaborates with other departments, advisors, and faculty department chairs.
- Provides ongoing training and support regarding transfer credit, credit for prior learning, student privacy, and graduation policy and process to academic advisors, faculty department chairs, and staff.
- In accordance with institutional awarding policy, develops processes to identify students close to completion. Creates and maintains active case files/documentation on individual students. Communicates outstanding requirements to academic departments and advisors. Maintains statistical information and produces reports on students served.
- Advises graduation candidates on appropriate classes needed to achieve completion and makes suggestions on additional coursework that could lead to additional degrees. Meets or speaks with academic advisors and students to clarify course evaluation when requested. Serves as student advocate in matters related to academic record appeals.
- Assists management in developing and implementing accurate record keeping systems.
- Conducts other Student Records' activities as needed (e.g., reverse transfer, commencement, grade changes, committees and work groups, authenticating and linking official documents to students’ academic record, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an ordinary office environment. There is some exposure to noise due to printers and copiers and working in an open office area.
High school diploma or equivalent supplemented with two terms of college level course work in business technology or related area. Experience performing the duties described above for six months may substitute for the college level course work. Two years of experience in good record keeping and analysis.