TITLE: Cash Control Clerk
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the supervision of Cashiering Services management, maintains accurate accounting records of bankable funds. Performs bookkeeping and accounting functions. Position must meet daily deadlines, requiring the need for speed, precision, timing and accuracy. Interpersonal contacts include various departmental staff and armored transport personnel. Work results impact the accuracy and reliability of work sections in central accounting and various campus departments. Job requires well-developed communication skills to present and exchange technical information. Responsible for producing journey-level work output on an independent basis, subject to supervisory direction and review.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Includes all or some of the following)
- Prepare, track and process monies for banking and redistribution for Business Office cashiers, Food Service staff and food vending machines. Prepare and process monies received for deposit from various campus departments (ex., Print Center copy machines, Library printing, Parking dispensers).
- Verify and reconcile cashiering reports, performing correction procedures as necessary.
- Track funds shipped via armed security transport service on a daily rotation basis.
- Develops and maintains various files and reports for inter-office and inter-departmental use as required.
- Monitors, maintains and safeguards operating funds.
- Provides information and assistance to departmental staff as required.
- Assists co-worker with various office duties.
- Assists supervisor with data audit and special assignments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in a noisy and intense environment in a secured area. Must tolerate frequent automated processing equipment noise.
Ability to lift and transfer currency and coins in bags weighing up to 40 lbs.; sit and stand for long periods; reach bend and stoop frequently. Learned physical skill is required to perform ten-key functions and operate currency and coin counting equipment.
High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary course work/training in bookkeeping/accounting and general office skills. Two years of practical experience applying bookkeeping and office knowledge. Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with co-workers and customers.
Ability to work independently. Must have good communication skills, be bondable and detail oriented. Able to consistently follow financial and administrative procedures and to explain these procedures to those unfamiliar with them.
Proficient in keyboarding, computer data entry/spreadsheet creation and use of 10-key calculator.