TITLE: AutoCAD/Revit Technician
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of Facilities Management, performs computer aided drafting (CAD) assignments to create, modify, organize and maintain facilities documents and drawings. Uploads and downloads drawing/document files to and from hosted storage sites. Works with internal and external requesters to provide access to electronic document storage sites.
- Operates CAD software to create, update and maintain electronic drawings and documents. Organizes and maintains the inventory of all paper drawings by campus and building. Maintains newly instituted naming convention for document files.
- Works directly with the electronic document storage contractor to organize and maintain document/drawing files.
- Provides access to electronic storage sites for internal/external requestors.
- Uploads/downloads drawing/document files to and from hosted storage site.
- Assists vendors and consultants in accessing files on the hosted site.
- Assists Facilities Management Services Architectural and Engineering Project Manager in providing drawings for minor remodel projects.
- Prints drawings on the plotter for use both internally and externally.
- Responds to phone and email requests for space allocation information including physical on site verification.
- Orders and maintains supplies for the plotter/printing equipment. Ensures all plotting/printing equipment is in good working order.
- Maintains document control log. Establishes and controls a secure documents archive room.
- Completes a series of duties related to project closeouts and works with project manager to finalize closeout.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Exposure to video display terminals occurs with varied frequency.
Learned physical skill is required for using computer aided drafting applications/equipment.
Associate’s degree in Drafting Technology and 1-2 years of drafting experience. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Working knowledge of CAD and Revit software and drafting media required.
Knowledge of: 3-D modeling; mathematical concepts; design and construction practices; methods for organizing design and construction documents including documents generated by architects, engineers and consultants; bidding documentation; project manuals; specifications; Operations and Maintenance manuals; surveys and other legal and pertinent documentation for facilities construction, remodel and maintenance.
Ability to: Communicate effectively in oral and written form; organize and prioritize work in order to meet deadlines; operate computers and associated software.