TITLE: Bookstore Associate
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the direction of bookstore management, provides assistance in the operation of a full service campus bookstore. Accountabilities include helping customers in the purchase of books and/or supplies, receiving merchandise, performing data entry and completing paper work to assist the bookstore accountant in prompt and accurate payment of invoices, problem-solving for customers and faculty, and assists in training student and hourly cashiers. Excellent communication and customer service skills are required to interact with a variety of students, faculty, staff and vendors for various reasons including information dissemination, providing general assistance and problem-solving.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (Includes some or all of the following)
- Performs customer service activities such as retrieval and activation of student financial aid information, assisting customers in the purchase of books, computer software and hardware, calculators and/or supplies, and returns or refunds merchandise as necessary. May be responsible to fulfill web orders.
- Performs problem-solving for customers and faculty including assisting in locating texts or supplies not on-site, and assisting in determining availability of back-ordered or late-ordered books.
- Compiles paper work and enters pertinent information into point-of-sale (POS) system regarding invoices; and of shipping, receiving and transfer of goods.
- Communicates on a regular basis with supply vendors regarding the ordering of candies and sundries, and monitors and rotates inventory as necessary. May inquire with textbook publishers regarding invoices and shipments.
- Assists with oversight and training of student and hourly cashiers.
- Performs activities in preparation for closing the store including counting cash register tills and preparing deposits, printing reports reflecting daily sales, investigating and reconciling discrepancies and placing cash drawer into safe and securing doors.
- Participates in loss prevention activities to include research and investigation of problematic issues and fraud. May view online camera feeds and work cooperatively with campus Public Safety to determine if loss or fraud has occurred.
- Prepares and develops flyers, pamphlets, signs and hard copy ads using national ad campaign material using appropriate software.
- Helps keep store clean and merchandise displayed in an appealing manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed in a retail environment. Extended work hours are required at the beginning of each term to accommodate students buying texts and supplies in preparation for the start of the term. Learned physical skill required to perform keyboarding functions. Extended standing is required and moderate to heavy lifting is occasionally required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Six months of experience in a retail operation which includes cashiering and working with the public. Familiarity with point-of-sale systems required.
Data entry, math, basic keyboarding, and excellent communication and customer service skills to interact with a variety of people including defusing anger and resolving complaints/issues. Must have the ability to work independently in the absence of Bookstore Operations Assistant, and the Bookstore Supervisor.