TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
CLASS: Academic Professional
EXEMPT LEVEL: Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Marketing Coordinator develops a strategy for marketing assigned programs in conjunction with the applicable program manager and staff. The incumbent assesses, designs, implements and evaluates an overall marketing strategy to include developing brochures, news releases, direct mailings, advertising in local periodicals and magazines, scheduling special events and speaking opportunities. The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for managing the printing and distribution of promotional materials.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Includes some or all of the following)
1. Develop and implement a strategic marketing plan for assigned program.
2. Coordinate and conduct marketing for assigned programs to target clients. Design and develop marketing materials to promote services and oversee the lifecycle of print advertising from design and pre-press through printing and distribution process to include direct mail.
3. Manage and update the program website to provide information for students and clients and to promote the program. Utilize the Internet, Web Pages, Email, Newsgroups and Listservs to promote program. Monitor Internet traffic to website.
4. Develop a strategy for assessing price and development costs associated with the production of marketing materials and advertising used by the program.
5. Coordinate program needs with PCC Public Affairs and PCC Print center.
6. Ensure that program manager and staff receive regular updates on the status of marketing projects.
7. Develop measurement tools to evaluate effectiveness of all marketing and advertising efforts.
8. Gather and analyze research from student and client evaluation forms. Identify demographics of class participants and recommend changes to delivery based on results.
9. Develop and sponsor special events that provide recognition and highlight program accomplishments to promote our programs in a positive manner.
10. Develop relationships with local media and community and business groups to publicize the assigned programs.
11. May manage a marketing budget for assigned program.
12. Participate in district wide college committees to network and promote assigned programs.
13. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work is typically performed in an office setting with routine public contact, both over the phone and in person. This position requires travel within the community and PCC campuses requiring the use of a personal vehicle.
Physical exertion is not a normal activity of this job. Using a computer or telephone may require extended periods of sitting.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis.
Strong background in print media marketing techniques to community based programs. Experience in developing a marketing campaign aimed at a large metropolitan area and/or small communities. Proven experience in project management, graphic design work and needs assessment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of marketing techniques.
Knowledge of effective project management methods and techniques.
Knowledge of current business trends and terminology.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft application software and graphic software such as PageMaker, Quark, PhotoShop and website editing tools.
Skill in developing and analyzing measurement tools to evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing program.
Skill in graphic design and layout of printed material.
Skill in operating a computer and various software packages.
Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels, within and outside the college.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.