TITLE: Employment Specialist Coordinator
CLASS: Academic Professional
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Employment Specialist Coordinator is responsible for providing coordination and oversight of employment and training activities associated with the JOBS program in Washington County. The Coordinator develops and implements program strategies for worksite development, skills training, recruitment, referral, and coordination of services for a program serving Department of Human Service (DHS) clients. The Coordinator has coordination and supervisory responsibilities for a team of Employment Specialists whose primary focus is placing and monitoring DHS clients employment and training components and markets the services to employers. Incumbents work independently and proactively to initiate appropriate activities that will lead to the accomplishment of program goals.
- Work with targeted businesses and industry in Washington County to develop potential worksites and employment opportunities for DHS clients. Negotiate work site training agreements or special accommodations. Monitor and track success following placement.
- Coordinate employment and training services with a team of program staff and management to assure efficient and effective service delivery and to meet program goals for client referral, placement, participation, and transition.
- Develop and implement strategies for worksite development, skills training, recruitment, referral, and coordination of employment and training components for DHS clients. Develop marketing materials and design and deliver presentations for assigned programs.
- Foster strong working relationships with businesses, community based organizations, and partner agencies. Provide consistent communication with partner agencies to ensure coordination of services.
- Direct the work of assigned staff. Participate in screening and interview/selection processes, performance evaluations and counseling. Coordinate staff schedules and conduct staff meetings.
- Prepare progress reports for program management to keep all parties informed of progress and accomplishments.
- Provide case management and work directly with client coaching in employment and training components.
- Facilitate workshops on job search techniques such as, resume writing and interviewing to client and other job seekers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Frequent travel to local businesses, community based organizations and partner agencies require the use of personal vehicle.
Learned physical skills necessary for operation a computer and other office equipment.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Psychology, Social Science or related field.
Demonstrated professional experience in an employment and training environment. Demonstrated experience coordinating and supervising projects and directing staff. Demonstrated experience working with and marketing programs to business and industry.
Or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of services provided by community based organizations
Knowledge of effective marketing techniques
Knowledge of program requirements
Skill in delivering presentation and designing training sessions
Skill in operating a computer and other office equipment
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships