TITLE: Business Training and Educational Development Coordinator
CLASS: Academic Professional
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Business Training and Educational Development Coordinator markets, designs, develops, and coordinates a specialized training or educational program for the college or for clients wanting customized programs. Training may focus within a specialized area, such as health care or computers, front line workers, or management and professional development. Incumbents facilitate the instructor hiring and evaluation process, and develop or oversee the development of curriculum for credit, continuing education, community education, or specialized business development classes. The Business Training and Educational Development Coordinator conducts strategic planning, needs assessment, and program development to ensure client needs are being met.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Includes some or all of the following)
1. Coordinates and conducts marketing for assigned program(s) to target clients. Designs and develops marketing material to promote services. Interfaces with business and industry. Develops and facilitates business partnerships.
2. Contacts prospective clients, initiates cold calls, follows up on leads with client visits, phone calls, and/or letters. Develops proposals based on identified client needs and close sales.
3. Develops course schedule for credit, continuing education, and open campus management and professional development classes. Coordinates logistics of each class. Processes course evaluations, continuing education credits, and course grades.
4. Recruits, screens, and recommends the hiring of faculty and workshop facilitators. Screens resumes, calls references, negotiates fees within established guidelines. Evaluates instructor effectiveness and offers recommendations for improvement.
5. Coordinates all aspects of the development, delivery, and evaluation of training programs and services. Writes contracts. Ensures contractual agreements are met. Tracks and monitors budgets and invoicing.
6. Develops or participates in curriculum development. Works with instructors, clients, or subject experts in development process. Writes course objectives and course content guides. Identifies, secures and maintains needed equipment.
7. Monitors programs and courses to ensure they meet continuing education mandates of licensing /certification agencies.
8 Conducts cost analysis and develops budget. Determines profit margin, negotiates client and instructor contracts, coordinates instructor travel arrangements, and reviews and monitors costs/expenses associated with program.
9. Instructs classes related to the program.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office setting. Incumbents drive to client offices or field sites to conduct sales calls, finalize contracts, or coordinate training programs requiring the use of a personal vehicle. Work hours require flexibility in order to meet client training requirements. Early morning, evening, and occasional weekend hours are required.
Ability to transport educational materials that may weigh up to 50 pounds. Using a computer or telephone may require extended periods of sitting.
Bachelor's degree in Communication, Organizational Design, Marketing, Education, or related field. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Depending on position, specialized training may be required.
Demonstrated experience in developing and coordinating educational programs. Demonstrated experience in marketing and/or sales. Experience working with adults and curriculum design, development, and delivery. Specialized experience within area of assignment may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of effective marketing techniques.
Considerable knowledge of adult learning theory, needs assessment, and curriculum development and evaluation.
Considerable knowledge of current business trends and terminology.
Knowledge of effective supervisory and project management methods and techniques.
In-depth knowledge and awareness of emerging trends in educational program area.
Skill in operating a computer and various supporting software packages.
Skill in project management and independent problem solving.
Skill in defining and conducting needs assessments.
Skill in designing and developing curriculum.
Ability to manage multiple projects.
Ability to develop, monitor, and track budgets.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.