TITLE: Business Training and Educational Development Coordinator
CLASS: Academic Professional
EXEMPT STATUS: Exempt
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The Business Training and Educational Development Coordinator markets, designs, develops, and coordinates a specialized training or educational program for the college or for clients wanting customized programs. Training may focus within a specialized area, such as health care or computers, front line workers, or management and professional development. Incumbents facilitate the instructor hiring and evaluation process, and develop or oversee the development of curriculum for credit, continuing education, community education, or specialized business development classes. The Business Training and Educational Development Coordinator conducts strategic planning, needs assessment, and program development to ensure client needs are being met.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Includes some or all of the following)
1. Coordinate and conduct marketing for assigned program(s) to target clients. Design and develop marketing material to promote services. Interface with business and industry. Develop and facilitate business partnerships.
2. Contact prospective clients, initiate cold calls, follow-up on leads with client visits, phone calls, and/or letters. Develop proposals based on identified client needs and close sales.
3. Develop course schedule for credit, continuing education, and open campus management and professional development classes. Coordinate logistics of each class. Process course evaluations, continuing education credits, and course grades.
4. Recruit, screen, and recommend the hiring of faculty and workshop facilitators. Screen resumes, call references, negotiate fees within established guidelines. Evaluate instructor effectiveness and offer recommendations for improvement.
5. Coordinate all aspects of the development, delivery, and evaluation of training programs and services. Write contracts. Ensure contractual agreements are met. Track and monitor budgets and invoicing.
6. Develop or participate in curriculum development. Work with instructors, clients, or subject experts in development process. Write course objectives and course content guides. Identify, secure and maintain needed equipment.
7. Monitor programs and courses to ensure that they meet continuing education mandates of licensing /certification agencies.
8 Conduct cost analysis and develop budget. Determine profit margin, negotiate client and instructor contracts, coordinate instructor travel arrangements, and review and monitor costs/expenses associated with program.
9. Instruct classes related to the program.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Work is performed in an office setting. Incumbents drive to client offices or field sites to conduct sales calls, finalize contracts, or coordinate training programs requiring the use of a personal vehicle. Work hours require flexibility in order to meet client training requirements. Early morning, evening, and occasional weekend hours are required.
Ability to transport educational materials that may weigh up to 50 pounds. Using a computer or telephone may require extended periods of sitting.
Bachelor's degree in Communication, Organizational Design, Marketing, Education, or related field. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Depending on position, specialized training may be required.
Demonstrated experience in developing and coordinating educational programs. Demonstrated experience in marketing and/or sales. Experience working with adults and curriculum design, development, and delivery. Specialized experience within area of assignment may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of effective marketing techniques.
Considerable knowledge of adult learning theory, needs assessment, and curriculum development and evaluation.
Considerable knowledge of current business trends and terminology.
Knowledge of effective supervisory and project management methods and techniques.
In depth knowledge and awareness of emerging trends in educational program area.
Skill in operating a computer and various supporting software packages.
Skill in project management and independent problem solving.
Skill in defining and conducting needs assessments.
Skill in designing and developing curriculum.
Ability to manage multiple projects.
Ability to develop, monitor, and track budgets.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.