Service Assistant/Maintenance - Casual Employment Compensation Schedule
This work involves employees engaged in both protective and non-protective service work. The work is composed of tasks which result in or contribute to the comfort, safety, convenience and hygiene of personnel and the student body; or which contribute to the upkeep and care of buildings, facilities or grounds of the college. The employee can work up to 599 hours per fiscal year.
- Level I
- Pay Range: $9.10 - $13.16 per hour
- Duties involve labor tasks that are generally standard and recurring and may be performed under direct supervision. Limited training is required to carry out assignments. Limited discretion, consideration and planning are required to adequately respond and carry out work activities.
- Food Service Assistant
- Locker Room Attendant
- Grounds keeping Assistant
- Level II
- Pay Range: $9.32 - $16.29 per hour
- Duties involve labor that may require specialized training or licenses. Work is done under general supervision and may require incumbent to draw on experience and use of judgment.
- Maintenance Custodian
- Public Safety Dispatcher
- Truck Driver
- Level III
- Pay Range: $11.53 - $20.16 per hour
- Duties require all of those listed in Step II; also includes additional responsibility for directing the work of others performing similar tasks. May also represent service-related work that is somewhat technical, requiring the use of constructive thinking, interpretation and evaluation.
- Public Safety Officer
- Lead Custodian
For work where the rate of pay exceeds the top of the range it must have the approval of the appropriate Executive Officer. On a separate sheet from the authorization, detail the basis for determining the hourly rate of pay and include the executive officer’s approval.