- Course Number:
- LAT 280C
- Course Title:
- Cooperative Work Experience- Landscape Design
- Credit Hours:
- Lecture Hours:
- Lecture/Lab Hours:
- Lab Hours:
- Special Fee:
Course DescriptionActual landscape design work experience for approved clients utilizing a required set of learning outcomes. Department permission required.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- The purpose of this cooperative work experience is the development of a knowledge base of everyday "on the job" requirements for a Landscape Designer.
Outcome Assessment Strategies
Successful completion of:
- Signed Contract (Samples available)
- Client analysis
- Site analysis
- Preliminary design x 2
- Final design x 2
- Time log / Journal
- Portfolio, to include a current resume along with a business card reflecting your personalized logo
Course Content (Themes, Concepts, Issues and Skills)
- To utilize skills and concepts learned in the classroom.
- Enhance oral communication, interview and presentation skills.
- Develop appropriate work ethic.
- Improve interactions with clients and management.
- Meet job timelines and schedules.
- Document time and materials required for job performance.
- Evaluate business practice and ethics.